Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep seeing PROCOMP heads on Ebay. Anyone using these? Are they any good?

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Got a set of 190cc intake heads on my coupe, But it's not on the road yet to give you a report. Motor sounds good running in the garage, though.

·
Charter Member
1,494 Posts
Scott, I had a similar post last week and someone said that the 190cc heads would not be enough for a 351W. What are your thoughts on this? I'm not stroked, just a .030 over 351 with GT40 upper and lower and 30lb. injectors. I'm intrested in the ProComp heads also. Either the 190cc or 200cc. Mike

·
Registered
462 Posts
i had a bad experiance with them, guess i'm just the lucky s.o.b that got the set of junk castings :( . oh-well some other guys said they have had good luck. go figure, i'm the pro engine builder and i get the set that won't even cool on the dyno. procomp did tell me that they would exchange them no problem, that was refreshing news. the 190s are about the right size for you 351, but imo, the are still not as good as AFR 185s. life is full of comprimises.

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Mike,

I had Wurf do some mild work on the runners after I recieved them. He commented that they looked like pretty good casting to him. I think the 190cc would work out for your 351 pretty good.

Jeremy,

I had the motor running for about 1/2 hour today without any problem of it getting hot. I wonder if you were just unlucky with your set.

Scott

·
Registered
462 Posts
i am VERY happy for you Scott. i would like to give the procomps another try, just alittle gun shy. i have had great luck with their steel roller rockers. i'll probably be a procomp dealer in a few weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts