Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a MkII with 3 link 15 inch rims, Bfg 275/50/15 on the rear and pro shocks. I took it to the track friday with a pro driver. He said the back end was bouncing around the corners, I need to adjust my shocks. so I called Jim at pro shocks, great guy to talk with, he said I need to send the shocks to him with the number for the stroke and compression. What should the number been for 75% street 25% playing around on the track.

Thanks Fish

--------------------
302 650 DEMON, GT40p, RPM AIR GAP 4into4, 3 Link, Dual Roll Bars.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 114 | From: Baltimore Maryland | Registered: Jul 2004 |

·
Registered
722 Posts
Fish, It seems like FFR could give you the stroke and compression as stock. I think then the Pro driver would have to tell you which way the shocks should go, and how much.
Hope this helps, Randy Richards

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fish, there is usually 2 numbers stamped on top of the shock. One is compression and one is bump. Tell Jim what the car is doing, pushing, slow response, etc, and he will revalve the shock in the direction you need. Scott

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guy, but I think David Borden came up with the problem. My limit straps are too short or in the wrong place. I only have about 1/2 inch of droop. The top is bolted to the frame just in back of the shock on a ff5 plate. I think it is use for the quad shock. It has two holes, the bold is in the hole closest to the shock. The bottom is mounted to the bottom shock bolt. Is the right ?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will slow down and try this typing thing again!!!

Thanks guys NOT guy

How did EVERYONE mount the limiting straps ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts