Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've been able to view classifieds for months. Actually bought a MK 3.1 that someone had started to assemble through the classifieds. I have also bought many other parts for my car. Now it's private? Do we really want to clutter the forum with post1, post 2....ect. just to view classifieds? I understand the limits for posting. thanks for any help. Marlin

·
Charter Member
3,740 Posts
New BOR section relating to Classifieds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classifieds Access for New Members
POLICY: Access to the classifieds section on FFcars.com is granted through participation on the site. When you reach 10 posts the classifieds sections will appear for your account and you will be able to reply to threads. When you reach 20 posts on the site you will be able to start your own threads in the classifieds. Premium and Vendor memberships are immune to this rule and can read and post in the classifieds regardless of post count.
COMMENT: This policy is in effect on the site to try to keep fraud and fly-by-night Craigslist'er type classifieds ads off the site. It is not difficult to reach 10 posts on the site just asking a few questions. The database updates the use promotions about every three hours. If you just hit your 20 posts and it does not allow you to post please be patient, maybe stroll through the galleries a little the database will update just check back in an hour or two.

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
20 posts min before you can enter the area

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Just seemed funny to me for this to change so much since I've become addicted and dependent on the site. Guess I'm up to two now. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to 2FAST4U will work up to 20, but like to hide my ignorance. Usually search first before asking questions, which on this site has most all answers. If you search the right question. This not being able to view classifieds just started happening yesterday after being helpful for a year. Oh well. Thanks for the reply. 3

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To Rich A will try to keep the clutter off the important forums. Thanks 4

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understand the issues, but I will be doing a whole lot more questioning then contributing for quite a while. Sooner or later as my knowledge increases hopefully I too will be able to contribute. Thanks for helping with my count build.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Marlin, sorry to say, but this site has changed and I'm not a fan. I'm migrating to "the other site".

shame

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Yes!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dunno - I thought the purpose of classified ads is to sell the stuff listed in them, and that the more eyeballs looking at them the better. It seems like lurkers to your classifieds that happen to have the means to complete a transaction will now be blocked from this marketplace - I count myself in this group.

If you are concerned about scammers then block their ability to post. Not sure what blocking anyone from reading posts accomplishes.

I don't want to come off as complaining - I really I have no skin in the game here at all and reading your forums has been a real education so far - some of the know-how on display here is amazing. Hopefully I will eventually get to the point that I will be able to make intelligent contributions to the threads in the future. But I guess I will have to take my car buying interests elsewhere in the meantime.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
post 7

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
post 8

·
Registered