Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not what you thought but the dual quad manifold did come in. Looks pretty good. Very nice casting.

I'm still working on the linkage for the first pic, probably be progresive though. :D

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
Wow, thats a clean casting. My edlebrock RPM looks like a kid did it. Nice aluminum block;)

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
Where did you get the aluminum block from? That is way too cool. How much does it weigh?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, it's a Dart block and it puts the weight at a 302, about 93 lbs.

·
Premium Member
18,135 Posts
It's about time! I don't know why nobody has made a dual quad for the 351W. What a huge market.

·
Tropically Twisted
1,727 Posts
Wow, Einar!

That is a sweet setup!

·
Charter Member
806 Posts
You might be better off if you use the Rockstar cans showed in the corner of the first photo.

You might consider:

8 cans of beer is "too much" it will interfere with your central nervous system. You will lose balance, coordination, and judgment - I don't think your engine will appreciate any of that.

Rockstar Juiced is a mix of amazing tasting, all natural mango, orange and passion fruit juices packed with the potent blend of Original ROCKSTAR - imagine what that will do to your HP and torque!!!

Just trying to look out for you man...

Kenny

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
AC4ME,

The intake looks great!

I hate to be the first to tell you this, but it looks like you have your stacks inverted.

This could cause a serious lean condition and engine damage if not corrected. :D

Sean

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for looking out for me. The rockstar is in taller cans, lengthening the stacks might make too much torque for the car to handle. I have to keep it lean for fuel economy.

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Very , Very nice!
That is going to be a B-E-A-S-T !!

Paul M. :D :D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,978 Posts
do you mind posting the $$ for the intake? Been waiting on these to show on the market for awhile... Also, what carbs you putting up top?
ed

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$485.00, It's about what I figured it would be. Very nice casting and people. As for carbs, I'm thinking of 600 vac secondarys. A little large but I think I can tune the vacuum secondarys out if I need to.

·
5,559 Posts
I wonder if I can use my 500 cfm Edelbrock carbs and linkage on this manifold? Obviously the spacing is different, so the linkage rods will need to be extended, but the mounts are square bore, so the carbs should drop right on... :D I was going to use Price's adaptors to fit my whole setup on a 351, but this would be a much cleaner method, as well as less risk of vacuum leaks around the adaptor plates.

Brian

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brian, It has the dual bolt pattern so maybe they'll drop on. Give them a call. 812-546-4220

·
Junior Charter Member
710 Posts
Einar, great set-up! Now just put a little "injector" hole on the bottom of the stacks, open up the throttle tops, and Viola, the simplest injection system known!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stephen, sounds like you went to the same college I did.

·
Junior Charter Member
710 Posts
Probably had the same professors!!

·
Junior Charter Member
280 Posts
Guys, the dual stud pattern on the Price manifold is there to allow either Holleys or Edelbrock (AFB) carbs to work. Holleys will look and run better in the reversed position (ala '60s FE) if you have a large diameter distributor but you should be able to run them facing forward IF you are using a small diameter distributor. The Holley carbs will use the same dual quad linkage as the '60s FE low riser intake. Running them facing forward like the '60s 289 setup will require use of the original type 289 dual quad OEM linkage. I'm not exactly sure what to use for dual Edelbrocks but it shouldn't be too difficult to whip something up. As for gaskets, the Price intake ports are pretty well matched to FelPro #1250s. The approximate height of the intake from the end rail to the carb mounting surface is 3.85" in the front. On the flat intake for Cobras the rear measurement will be the same. Also, powder coating is available for an additional cost. So far it looks like we finally have a winner.

I am awaiting delivery of my Price intake as we speak. Now I can begin to tear down the top end of my 351W for the Edelbrock heads, cam gear drive, Mallory distributor and a couple of other goodies.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Superhart, I thought you were number 1 on the list for them, how'd I get one before you? You'll love it, It's a job well done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts