Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Charter Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Kit delivered 6/23/05. Except for my wind wings its finished 07/14/07. Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen, especially my wife for support, patience and help. She guided the engine & trans into place, ran the hoist while I put the rear end in, helped put the body on twice. And my son for his help with the body & brakes. And Bill for getting me started and the use of his truck & trailer. This forum and its members were essential in getting me through this. When I needed inspiration & guidance, you guys were there. First start and go-cart videos, progress & graduation pics worked great for getting me off the couch and into the garage.

- FMS 5.0 crate motor. Stock ‘91’ EFI with COBRA intake.
- Stock T-5 with STEEDA shifter, SPEC stage 1 clutch
- “93” T-Bird SC IRS with 3.55 gears, stock SC brakes
- Goodyear Eagle F-1 GS-D3, 245/45ZR-17 Front, 285/40ZR-17 Rear.
- SN 95 front end with stock brakes.

The color is Royal Ruby Red PPG #5986. OEM #R522P. Local painter Don Maggiore skillfully applied the paint. Pics don’t do it justice. It is stunning! Don did a great job with the paint & body work. And I managed to put the pieces back on without dinging it. I was scared to touch it for fear of messing up the wonderful work that Don did.

Thanks to forum vendors. Factory Five (of course), Mike Forte for misc brake parts, cobra IRS hubs, IRS adjusters, std rotation water pump, pulleys & alternator mount & other stuff. Cobra Earls foot box vents & extended trunk kit. Tangent Tech Blind roll bar kits. Five Star Ford Engine parts. Vintage Performance polly bushings. Breeze Automotive brake rotors & misc brake parts. Diskbrakes-R-Us tools & rebuild kits. Mikes custom parts weather stripping & weather tight electrical connectors, Tri States turn signal kit.
I hope I got everyone, you were all a big help.

Thanks again, Its been a great experience.

Mark

[ July 15, 2007, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: mark8too ]

·
Junior Charter Member
3,132 Posts
Looks great. Enjoy the late evening drives until it gets cool enough for daylignt running. Pete

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Uno mas, AZ Cobra. Congrats!
There are morning drives going on every Sat/Sun. Today's began at 5:45am.

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
Looks great! But you can't have a graduation photo without engine pics can you?? ;)

Lets put that to the forum for the "official" answer!

Ugh, I have so far to go....lol

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Real sweet!
I really like the color and the lack of bling.
It looks all business!
Enjoy it!

Skip

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,626 Posts
Beautiful job. I love the color. Now have some fun driving it. By the way, are you sure of your FFR number? Mine was delivered a year earlier than yours and my number is 5286.

·
Junior Charter Member
898 Posts
Nice back drop, really nice car. Beautiful. Good job!

Now jump in it and get back to having fun. You'll get a lot of much deserved attention rolling along in that one. Enjoy!

JT

·
Super Moderator
29,555 Posts
Beautiful!! And those wheels really make the paint "pop"

Bill

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.