Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Charter Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone offering a laser cut competition layout.

Seems there used to be someone offering these. I’ve searched around without much luck.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Competition Dash

My friend has a couple extra that he had cut based on my design. Pretty sure they are available. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Extra Dash _ 1.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
730 Posts
I would like to point out that from my own experience with making my own competition dash, there were many decisions I made on placement of the various components, including the placement of the main dash gauges themselves. These were for various reasons: visibility, accuracy to originals, etc etc. I made my own starting with the FFR blank dash and an adjustable hole cutter that I bought for about $10 that goes into a drill press or hand held drill. If you are building the car, you can certainly cut the holes. Merely a suggestion that you can get exactly what you want for much less than the pre-cut dashes and have the pride of doing it yourself.
Best
Ron

PS - you can see the step by step process on my build thread. Search for "reasonably authentic"
Hope this helps

·
Registered
433 Posts
I used paper templates to play around with the layout before cutting the holes.

Don H

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nick Acton actoncobra.com made mine did mine and did a great job including shipping it safely to California!! It was a perfect fit with the FFR profile!!

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
My friend has a couple extra that he had cut based on my design. Pretty sure they are available. Send me a PM if you are interested.

View attachment 330912

View attachment 330914
I did my own comp dash as well however I did not include the LH side curve/cutout you can see in CDXXVII's first pic. I just did a straight line to be symmetrical with the RH side. Important to note that this brings the LH side of the dash very close to your left knee and you can hit the bottom of the dash when on/off the clutch. So I now realize that LH side cutout is there for a reason. I ended up putting in Kirkey lowbacks which fixed the problem but if you have the standard seats and long legs keep the cutout. Scott

·
Registered
369 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts