Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my insurance stuff together right now, then a temp registration so I can get down to MVD next week so I'm not technically graduated. Lousy pics and still a few odds and ends to do but here she is.

·
near graduate!
575 Posts
classic

·
FFCobra Fanatic
578 Posts
Good job Mike. The car looks sweet!
Steve

·
Charter Member
105 Posts
Way to go Mike!!! Not only a fine street car but a damn fine color if I do say so myself!!!

You rock!
Frank

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Basic Beast! You nailed the street theme perfectly.
A very nice car indeed ;)

Skip

·
Super Moderator
29,396 Posts
I love it!! No scoop, roll bar or side exhaust. Be-u-ti-ful!!

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
call it "Junior High" graduation.

can't wait to see it all done.

my dad would like to steal your car. that's the color he has been telling me do for two years!

·
Charter Member
1,604 Posts
Michael,
absolutely beautiful . Welcome to the wonderful world of green :D :D . I wish I could have gone scoopless but my intake is too high. Congrats again, it's stunning.

John O

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Good looking "Slim"...you did a great job.

·
6,559 Posts
Way to go Mike! You should be very proud. You nailed it.

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Congratz

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all, I'm very happy with it (thanks to you-know-who for the secret paint recipie!). Still have some do-dads to add on and also some de-bugging to do, the wire diet I got from Weatherby was a real POS and has had to be bypassed in several spots to actually get things to work. Still missing turn signals and hi-beams but the rest works. I need to undercoat the wells and the footbox where it hangs down past the body on the driver's side.
Don Maggiore here in town did the final bodywork and paint. I'll have to find somebody with a better relationship with a camera than I do to really show it off. The green looks different depending on the light. From a bright BRG in the direct sun to nearly black in the shade. I love it with the exception that it's a completely innapropriate color for someone that lives on 2 acres of dirt. :D

Some of the people I couldn't have done it without are:
Mr. Pink, Steve V., Don M. Chris L, and a host of others.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Hey Mike. The car looks GREAT! Love the color. Looks like we might be graduating together !
Baron

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's a good feeling to 'get there' ain't it? ;)

Thanks again for the bulb seal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts