Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
We know what you're up to
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sold

Well, my new cam is just too dang big for the PJIII system. So alas, I must sell. This thing has been looked over by Wayne Presley and worked well on his 347 mule. I have had the injectors cleaned and flow tested. I have only run it on my motor for a few minutes...my cam has .605" intake lift. :)

Here it is on Wayne's engine before he shipped it to me:

It retails for $1,569.95 at summit...Part# 70020 (and that is without polishing or my nickel fuel rail)

Anyway, I'd like $950 shipped (lower 48 please). Buyer can have the fuel rail, 02 sensor, 02 bung, software, pigtails, and data cable. It still has Wayne's configuration on it, which I'll include as a separate file with the software so you can keep it.

Cheers,
Don

·
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tempted for sure. What all would I need to convert from carb?
You just need a fuel pump and regulator that can handle 40 psi. I'd recommend a in tank fuel pump like OEM. The regulator will need a return line to your tank.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I've heard aggressive cams are difficult for the pjiii. Mind if I ask your cam specs? Curious how mine wouLd fair.

·
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The lift of the cam has nothing to do with if the PJIII will work with your cam..It really comes down to if you have at least 9 inches of vacume at idle so it can self learn..What is vacume reading at idle??
My apologies, I am not an efi nor a carb guru. I am simply a frustrated builder who would just like to have his damn car running. :sad: I cannot seem to figure out the efi thing, so if someone smarter than I am wants it, they will get a deal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know what you mean Don. My carb is keeping me from driving my car and I thought efi projection was the answer. I guess I need to check my vacuum and get back to you if mine is hiigh enough. I have the E303 cam in a FMS crate motor
jim

·
Junior Charter Member
1,668 Posts
When I have the money, these are never for sale, now that I don't..................sigh

Good Luck!!!!

·
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know what you mean Don. My carb is keeping me from driving my car and I thought efi projection was the answer. I guess I need to check my vacuum and get back to you if mine is hiigh enough. I have the E303 cam in a FMS crate motor
jim
@Jim, based on the cam specs, I would venture to say that an E303 cam would be much more docile than what I have. I don't know exactly what plays into vacuum, but I would guess, all things being equal, a smaller cam would correlate more with higher vacuum.

@Bullit, you know they seem to go like hot cakes when you see them go up for sale, but when you try to sell one yourself it is funny how long it takes sometimes.

·
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? :beer:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.