Factory Five Racing Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
That file worked! And thank you for the advice. Installing the power windows is still a little ways down the road for me but am starting to gear up mentally. From what I read, it's the most difficult part of the build. So far, I would have to agree that the doors have been my biggest PIA and I haven't even got them fully dialed in to my liking yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad you got the file. I had it printed full size and it helped me get stuff set correctly. I would strongly encourage you to re-think this whole power window solution until you are absolutely certain you want to do this. My windows are in and working well enough to keep the boogie man out but that's all they are good for. The trim out of the tops of each door is a major and I mean MAJOR issue for anyone who is not a master metal-smith. My winter plan was to use 4" wide 1/8" aluminum plates on top of each door with a slot for the window glass. These plates will be welded to the top of the aluminum angle on each side and then 8-32x3/4" screws will fasten the assemblies to the door tops after I drop the whole assemblies into place. I have no idea if this will work but I have to do something to cover up the crappy look I have now. If I ever did this again, I would forget the windows all together. This setup is a real joke. I wish you the best and hope it works out.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts