Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After working for days to get the doors aligned it appears the holes drilled for the electric window installation aren't going to work. I think I'm going to have to remove and disassemble the doors in order to drill new holes for mounting the electric window motors.

Couldn't find any threads discussing the window installation and adjustments.

My initial mockup had the windows a little off center and with the door gaskets installed in the door slots they prevented the window from raising and I was blowing fuses. It looks like the window will have to be centered in the slot and I may even have to cut off part of the gasket to let the window pass through easily. Therefore the need to have additional adjustment.

Comments???

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Bob,
Lots of patience is the key to getting your power windows right. Below is a link to my build page on this with some comments. Hopefully the pic of how we mounted the front aluminum guide channel is clear, that was key to getting a very smooth operation and they work great now. If needed, let me know and I can pull off the interior panel and try to get some more pics.
Kerby

http://sites.google.com/site/eepod33/2427-power-windows

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kerby,

I did a lot of grinding of the bottom of the door slot to get the gaskets to fit.

I'm having trouble understanding the bent bracket and bolting to the inside of the door frame. Seems to me you would lose all of your horizontal adjustment. That's what my problem appears to be. I have some adjustment with the slot in that bracket but seem to need a little more to get the window centered in the door slot. Since I can't get a drill in there to drill another hole in the door frame so I'm able to move the motor bracket a little more towards the interior I think I'll have to remove the whole door to get this done.

I'll try to follow-up with a sketch that shows what I'm describing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sketch is a little rough but it kind of shows the adjustment I need.

The back of the window needs to move in a little to center up in the door slot. The horizontal slot is used up so I need to move the bolt in a little.

Unless there is another way.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Bob,

Your sketches are very clear (nice work!). It has been a while since I did those doors, but the way I remember it is that once I bent that bracket and then bolted the front guide to the door frame, I was then able to use washers on the plate that attached to the window to create the proper window angle (front to back) so that it came thru the opening perfectly. Maybe your door is mounted slightly different and that is not possible?

Kerby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.