Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
section 8
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after all the reading and looking at pumps.... does this look the the krc pump or is it just me especially around the mounting? which means it will fit the cv products bracket . The only issue is pulley , I do not race the car it's an oe pump (durable) my max engine rpm is limited to 6k . I was on a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fri 4.0 6cyl saw the pump and thought hey that might work. Description says vane type with reservoir $102 without pulley.Thoughts and opinions?? Must be thousands of these vehicles available to pilfer the parts from the recycler for 1/2 this price

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Pump

I used a pump out of an explorer.

I built a bracket to replace the air pump and mounted it there. The reservoir, and aluminum one, is mounted on the right side high up.

This works very well, no problems.

·
We know what you're up to
4,700 Posts
so after all the reading and looking at pumps.... does this look the the krc pump or is it just me especially around the mounting? which means it will fit the cv products bracket . The only issue is pulley , I do not race the car it's an oe pump (durable) my max engine rpm is limited to 6k . I was on a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fri 4.0 6cyl saw the pump and thought hey that might work. Description says vane type with reservoir $102 without pulley.Thoughts and opinions?? Must be thousands of these vehicles available to pilfer the parts from the recycler for 1/2 this price
I almost used that pump instead of picking up a KRC. You just have to find a pulley with the appropriate diameter shaft and make custom spacers if you are using a head mounted bracket. Also you need to keep in mind the size of your pulley and the pressure that pump will produce. Technically it is a GM Type 2 (Saginaw TC Series) pump. There are a million of them out there. Some newer versions like on Honda have splined shafts and pulleys (like the KRC version). In my opinion, the key is to pick one up with a reservoir already integrated. Searching for compatible reservoirs and pulleys was a pain for me, so I just went with KRC to avoid the hassle.

Remember, the road less traveled may be enticing but there is a reason it is less traveled. Unfortunately, I find myself on that road all too often. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,959 Posts
The pic is too small for me but, as an info source, I am running a 99 Explorer pump which needs a remote reservoir but has a serp belt pulley on it attached w/ 3 bolts. I got the first one from a salvage yard so pulley came w/ it but I 'think' I remember that a replacement one bought 3 yrs ago didn't come w/ a pulley. BTW, it's done slightly differently than a mustang pump, but it also has a pressure control spring that can be cut to reduce the pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.