Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the high pressure side, I built the lines using the proper HP lines and fittings. However, the pump I'm using is a pain and the PS fitting w/ o-ring for the pump doesn't work. I can get the Ford fitting and with a 3/8" NPT connection. Can I use a standard AN-6 to 3.8" NPT connector? Or do I need to find a high pressure version? My system would be:

Pump outlet -> Ford Fitting w/ 3/8" male -> 3/8" NPT female to AN-6 make -> AN-6 high pressure elbow -> AN-6 high pressure line to rack.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I used a Ford explorer Pump and instead of using the Ford specific fitting, I used a steel 6 AN to M16 X1.5 (??) with an O-ring located at the hex interface between the AN and M16 side. (opposed to the inverted flare fitting with O-ring at tip of fitting) It comes with a crush washer to prevent excessive torque on O ring but I ditched it and no leaks. Used the same fitting on my HP out on the Hydroboost unit...

·
Registered
4,738 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My pump is from a 2005-2010 Mustang GT. It's what Ford recommends for Coyote motors since the 2011+ Mustangs uses and electric to save gas. The pump is 16mm-1.5 fitting. I got he o-ring at the hex head, and the o-ring at the end. Neither fitting worked. Both leaked like crazy. So I ordered the hard line and fitting from Ford (it was $20). So I'm going to cut the hard line after the fitting and a local hydraulic shop will adapt a fitting on the end. At first, they said they would do 3/8" NPT. But they called back and said they can likely do a 3/8" JIC which appears to be compatible with AN. So I'm now hoping I can do 3/8" JIC male to the exsiting AN-6 female I have on my high pressure line to the rack.

So are JIC and AN compatible?

·
Registered
788 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.