Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using the Heidts valve and fittings. At the rack their fittings convert from o-ring to AN6 using brass flares that with o-ring seats that come in kit #PS115.
Question: Does the pressure fitting on the pump need one of those brass fittings with the o-ring seat? The PS112 kit doent have one that would fit the pump pressure port inner bore.
Do I simply install the adapter and mate up the line without the an internal flare fit?

·
6,305 Posts
If I remember right there was a small brass part in the Heidt's PS-112 that dropped in the pump fitting first, then you screw the connector in. I didn't see anything that looked right either but I called Heidt's and they told me what to look for and it was there. It doesn't look like the ones that go in the rack. Sorry I can't help you more.
Frank

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank,
The fitting I installed in the rack came from kit PS115 and came with 1 AN adapter and two brass flare adapters with o-ring seats. My 112 kit has three brass adapters but none will fit in the pressure port inner bore (aprox .180"). I spoke to Heidts but they were unsure of how to solve, other than sell me their new adapters if I can find one to fit.
Thanks for the help, I'll keep trying....

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
If you have the stock Ford hose, you can cut the 3/8" steel tube off the hose (about two inch long) and braze a #6 JIC (AN) male end on it. Then you can screw a #6 JIC female hose fitting over the top (for whatever hose you're using). That way you have a regular (std.) Ford fitting in the pump. Works very well...no leaks. I had trouble finding fittings to go directly into the pump because it seems the pumps are different. I had an 87 hose and an 89 pump and they didn't match up.

·
6,305 Posts
Cdave,
Does your pump have a big fitting on the high pressure port? My new one came without it and after a couple minutes of "what's wrong with this picture?" I figured out that what was on the old pump could be removed and transfered over. Everything fit after that. You should have a pretty good size nut on the HP port. If you only have a threaded hole you may be missing a part.
Frank

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve,
Good idea but I dont have the stock/donor stuff. Do you remember what the end fitting was on your setup?
Dave

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frank,
Yes I have the big nut fitting on the pump pressure port but the inner bore is too small to accept any of the three adapters in the Heidt kit. I'm going to see if Heidts has something that will work othewise its down to using the end off a donor hose..
Thanks for the input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts