Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using the Ford Racing 351W Engine Swap Power Steering Bracket, part number M8511-A351? Is there room to mount an alternator under the power steering? Is there a bracket that will fit?

I am trying to find a way to move the alternator to the driver side and have power steering too.

I am mounting a Vortec SC on the pass side.

·
Junior Charter Member
335 Posts
HI,
I HAVE A VORTEC ON MY CAR, 347CI., MY S/C KIT CAMES WITH ONE SOLID MOUNT FOR THE S/C, THE ALTERNATOR, AND THE SMOG PUMP. THE ALTERNAOR SITS UNDER THE S/C.

IS THAT WHAT YOU HAVE?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes; that is what I have but I do not have the 4 into 4 pipes. The J pipe hits the alternator. I thought of moving the alternator to the driver side and not buy the 4 in to 4 header.

My sesarching has not found an alternative. I guess I will buy the new headers.

·
1,672 Posts
We ended up making a custom bracket to mount the alternator and power steering on the drivers side. Should have a layout some where if you feel so inclined.

Charlie

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Charlie,

Please send me the layout. I will give fabrication a shot before I go to a different header.

thanks,

My email: [email protected]

·
Cobrafied
1,636 Posts
I would be interested in that layout also. Is it possible to make a copy? Thanks. Dan

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,238 Posts
Hi Guys, Charlie called this AM and mentioned someone was interested in the patterns, I did make a couple copies when I got his finished w. spacer lengths and such ..... if anyone else needs a copy and too keep things simple for me please e-mail me directly, we can toss a couple pics around and if it looks good I will send you a copy ..... Thanks ... Pat

[ September 10, 2007, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: McMahonRacing ]

·
Charter Member
203 Posts
I have a vortech S/C on my car with PS on the dr side.I got my PS bracket from the wreckers(off a mid 80's marquis I believe)The bracket has the bolt holes above the pump to mount the alt.(bottom bolt).I fabed a simple bracket to solid mount the top of the alt.I installed an idler pulley off the S/C plate and used the stock tensioner.I could try to post pictures if any one is interested

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Slopjockey,

Please post a picture. A second option is always appreciated.

thanks,

·
Charter Member
203 Posts
TB,I'll take some pictures tonite,and try to post them asap.Please bear with me as I'm compoo ter stoopid :confused: and never posted pictures before

1 - 14 of 14 Posts