Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if most of the GTM builders are wiring up the corvette mirrors to be functional. I found once I set them, I never have to adjust unless I bang the mirror. Not very often will someone else drive my car, so I am considering not wiring them up.
Any thoughts on this and is everyone adding a power mirror switch to the car?

thanks

·
Junior Charter Member
807 Posts
I [posted various circuit diagrams, go to sticky 64k questions and look under circuit diagrams. The connections for my mirror are there, I believe I used a Chrysler switch, not sure if the Cherokee is the same. You can use any switch you like and just figure out the connections using a multimeter.

·
Premium Member
13,247 Posts
Found it.....looks like we have Laurence and Pete Dove to thank! I don't recall the exact years of Cherokee.....lots of years....it's a square switch with the r/l switch in the middle of the "rocker" for up/dn/l/r............ Copy/Paste:

Here are wiring interfaces between the Jeep Switch and the Corvette Mirrors. We can thank Buggy 222 (Laurence) who did the hard work in finding out thsi information.

Driver's Side (Left Hand Mirror - Connector C1)

Terminal No Wire Color Function Connect to Wire Color Coming from Jeep Switch

A Yellow (or Dk Blue) Mirror Up Control Yellow/Orange (Top Row Left Pin)
B Black Ground for Heater NOT USED
C Lt Green Mirror Down Control Dk Blue/Lt Blue (Bottom Row Right Pin)
D Gray Automatic Day/Night Signal NOT USED
E Orange (or Black) Power for Heater NOT USED
F White Mirror Right Control Dk Blue/Lt Blue (Bottom Row Right Pin)
G TERMINAL NOT USED
H Lt Blue Mirror Left Control Blue/White (Bottom Row Left Pin)

Passenger Side (Right Hand Mirror - Connector C1)

A Brown/White (or Dk Bl) Mirror Up Control Yellow/Green (Top Row Second Pin from Left)
B Black Ground for Heater NOT USED
C Purple/White (or Grn) Mirror Down Control Dk Blue'Lt Blue (Bottom Row Right Pin)
D Gray Automatic Day/Night Signal NOT USED
E Orange (or Black) Power for Heater NOT USED
F` Red/White(or Gray) Mirror Right Control Dk Blue/Lt Blue (Bottom Row Right Pin)
G TERMINAL NOT USED
H Gray (or Lt Blue) Mirror Left Control White/Blue (Bottom Row Second Pin From Left)

You will notice that there are 4 wires that have to be connected to the Dk Blue/Lt Blue wire (Bottom Row Right Pin) of the Jeep Switch. This is a common connection and basically the switch when activated changes the common connection from ground (Mirror Up, Mirror Left) to 12v (Mirror Down, Mirror Right) in other words changes the direction of the current. The Jeep Switch should come with a connector in the back of it with 7 wires coming out of it. The location of the pins mentioned above is when the connector is removed and you are looking directly into the back of the switch. The second from right pin on the bottom row is not used in the Jeep Switch. The top row right pin is the ground connection and the top row second from right pin is the 12v power input connection.

I mounted the Jeep controller just forward of the arm rest in the driver's side door panel. I placed the door lock/unlock switch below it. I believe that Laurence located his mirror controller in the center consol.

Sorry about the lay-out of the table

cheers,

Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.