Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Building
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what others are using for power takeoffs. I am guessing most are doing this at their disconnect switch by putting multiple cables on one post but wondered what other methods have been used when no disconnect switchh was used. For example I will have the main 4AWG wire running from the battery in the trunk to the engine bay but my i squared power distribution box is in the trunk and I need to tap into the battery supply somehow.

Also, with ciruit breakers any pics of how others have mounted them?

Regards,
Dave

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Dave: I mounted my circuit breakers, fuse box, relays, (basically everything) to a panel behind the dash. I would not recommend this unless you come up with a way to easily access this area. In my case I made a hinged cover plate (to cover the hole under the dash and allow access).

This being said.... I'm not familiar with the I-Squared system so I'll defer to others with specific knowledge.

·
2,860 Posts
SR771...

In my case I made a hinged cover plate (to cover the hole under the dash and allow access).
Any pictures? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Mumblerone: Some additional pictures available on website (electrival section) ... not sure if you can see hinge well but it is attached to the 2"x2" square horizontal tube. The other side of the cover is attached to the dash via 2 fasteners. I'd be happy to send more pictures but car is at body shop for paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts