Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi out there, i'm new to the forum, but have a mrk III in cart form. i'm looking for info on an electric powered brake booster. saw one on a cobra, but can't remember the manufacture name, and didn't get a phone # from the owner. is there a members directory to locate members in your area?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
774 Posts
Most likely what you saw was a buick Regal GN Powermaster unit. It uses an electric pump that pumps brake fluid into a high pressure reserve vessel. This high pressure fluid is then used as an assist when you step on the brake pedal. If you look in the FFR FAQ section you can find more info. http://www.ffcars.com/FAQ/brakes_gn.html
Sean

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks sean. that looks like it would work too, but wasn't the setup i saw. what i looked at had an aluminum mc, and the power unit had a small reservoir on it. it was a kit

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
....and I have one fitted to my car. Best mod I did. Expensive but very easy to fit and bleed brakes. The feel is a lot like my Acura TL. The system looks good works better,
Steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
amstreetrods.com that is mentioned in the FAQ is gone. Anyone know anyone else that carries the GN setup?

I've got a Flaming River manual rack and am looking to put a brake booster on the car. Seems that the Hydroboost is off the table since it needs to run off of a power steering rack.

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
This looks pretty nice. What ballpark is "expensive" in?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
$800 or so - maybe cheaper now but that does include the chromed master cylinder (direct replacement) pushrod, compressor/accumulator and flexible plumbing
Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts