Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to order some powder from Eastwood. What color black matches the FFR chasis powder coating the best? High Gloss black? Satin Black? Anybody with previous experience with these colors let me know what they think is a better match. Thanks in advance.

Greg

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
My MKII was gloss black. Pete

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Their 80 percent gloss will match the chassis. However, it is always nice to have a little contrast here and there. Their low gloss clear works great on spindles and cast parts.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I will try and remember tonight to take a picture. As long as the roll bars and the chasis are the same color (didn't get the chasis PC's) I can show a pic side by side of eastwoods High gloss black. I think they are the same, but I haven't put them side by side to truly compare.

All of my suspension is PC'd High gloss back on my site if you want to see what it does look like.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,355 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,345 Posts
I can't tell any difference between Eastwood's gloss black and FF's gloss black. I even ran out of the gloss black and had to use EW mirror black and it's even tough to tell any difference there.

I have about a dozen colors of EW powder and my faves so far are chrome (looks just like ceramic coating), anodize red (looks great over the chrome or polished alum), anodize blue, and smoke chrome (dark but great for accent pieces).

HTH

BTW, I have the HF PC gun. Works pretty well for the most part but then again I don't really have anything to compare it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts