Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would have never dreamed that a faux walnut burl could be done so well with powder coating. Terrible photo, but the dash looks incredible. Will try to take a better shot later and post...

Attachments

·
FFCobra Captain
11,721 Posts
Looks great.

I don't see holes in the top of the dash (where it mounts to the frame). Be careful when drilling those...it would suck for the powder coat to chip off.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great.

I don't see holes in the top of the dash (where it mounts to the frame). Be careful when drilling those...it would suck for the powder coat to chip off.
Velcro!! I'm going to attach the top with industrial strenght velcro and brace the bottom with 3 (left, center, and right) supports. Rock solid during the mock up phase.

I will need to drill another hole though for my push button ignition. I'll tape it up real well and use the drill press. I don't expect any issues.

Prior to coating, I washed the panel with dishwashing liquid and used a new disc on my orbital sander to give the surface some "tooth", and then rewashed before I gave it the shop.

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Purdy!!

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Nice

Very Nice, did not know that could be done with powder coating!!!

Mk4

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Wow! That looks incredible!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a shot with the gauges installed:

iPhone not really getting it done, might have to break out a camera:-(

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.