Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned a few cars before, convertibles included. I still can't figure out how you guys without a top wash your cars and manage to keep the interior dry. Any insights?

·
Junior Charter Member
790 Posts
I drive fast enough so the dirt flies right off !

·
3,798 Posts
No wqashes, keep it covered and a lot of using the California Duster.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
I plan on finally "washing" the car this coming weekend and applying it's first wax. the car was painted back in late August/early September; I was told not to wax it or anything for at least 3 months. So now's it Jan.07'. I guess it's safe to wash & wax it now. Wish me luck casue I've never washed a car like this before.

·
Finally starting!!!
480 Posts
Originally posted by mxcobra:
I drive fast enough so the dirt flies right off !
+1, never had to wash it all last summer, the car only sees NICE days, so nothing really to get dirty from, and a nice microfiber cloth/spray will touch it up, but honestly, i'm hard pressed to find dirt.

·
4,494 Posts
I wash it with hose, and mitten, and don't worry about the water that splashes inside. Just dry it off with a towel. These cars are not display case statues, they are rough and tumble road machines to be driven and suffer the elements!

If you baby them you won't be getting all the thrills.

Bill

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,075 Posts
I agree with Bill32

I just "hose" from center of roadster out. Than wipe off/dry excess water.

HTH

Butch

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Gotta ditto Bill...
How do we keep the interior dry? Easy we don't! :D

Just like the ski boat, it get wet and it drys.

·
Senior Charter Member
6,800 Posts
I use a squirt bottle with plain water in it. I can set it for "stream or spray", wet down a portion of the car, wipe it off and continue until I cover the entire car. I can re-apply for buggs or other stubborn items.

If I have grease or oil from the road I use terpentine to clean it off and then plenty of water to clean the terps off.

After I go over the car with the spray, I do another wipe down with a clean soft cloth to pick up any residue.

Then I repeat the process with spray wax.

·
Senior Charter Member
434 Posts
I live on a stone road,wash it almost once a week.I use the hose all the time.

Jeff.

·
2,860 Posts
Nope, car has never been washed only one slight shower. I would not have believed it was possible to keep it clean. Wipe it down after every use.
:cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
18,135 Posts
I wash mine with a hose, just like my other cars and my bike. I also drive in the rain and snow when I have to.

Yes, the interior gets wet. But it dries, so I don't worry about it. It's only water.

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
20 years of driving convertibles all I can say aim low!! Bob

·
Charter Member
858 Posts
I like "Waterless wash & Shine" by Prolong. Just spray it on and wipe dry. It has a lube that prevents scratching.

Rich

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.