Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charter Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have observed this for years and assumed that there was a purpose for it at one point (early in FFR design philosophy) to accommodate donor ignition switch, etc., or maybe it was for leg clearance for ingress/egress/clutch operation.

Now though, I'm wondering if there is actually any relevant purpose to it.

The observation I'm referring to???? The notched out section of the Dash panel on the driver's side (along the bottom between the steering wheel and the driver's door).

Is there any reason why I couldn't create a new dash blank that is completely straight along the bottom?

Nick

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Picture?

·
Charter Member
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at far left side of dash where it narrows...

Does it need to narrow like that or could I cut a new blank and just extend the bottom so it's straight along the bottom?

Vehicle Gauge Measuring instrument Car Speedometer

Ceiling Room Wood Table Furniture

Nick

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
I can't think of any reason why you couldn't make a new dash as you described. But remember the ends bend in towards the dash and tuck behind the door hinges

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
As Bill stated, this is in the area where the dash bends around to the door hinge area. I don't think anything would be gained, in fact it may not fit if you changed it. To help, here is a picture of my finished car and you can see where this cut-out is for the finished dash. You basically don't see it once the door is closed. Click the picture again in Photobucket to see full size and it shows up better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.