Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for listing possible/proposed rule changes for 2008. This will give us a place to list them as we hear about them from our drivers.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Even though I am for this change (HP/torque to weight limit) I get the feeling that quite a few of the guys out west were not so sure. Rick, do you have a feel for what most guys out there are thinking?

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim,

I was just listing it as I know it will come up. We can discuss these as they come up but my intention was to just have a central location for ideas as they pop up. This way they don't get forgotten as the year goes by.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Thats what I figured Brian. I just thought if we talk about this one earlier then it will give us a good feel of where we stand. If the majority of racers are behind this still, we have to find a way to get NASA to come on board, and that might mean we should start lobbying sooner, or try to find out what made them against it in the first place.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think that with a solid set of rules, the hp/wt can be accepted all over. The west coast guys have (in my opinion, shared by Bob Lawson) that there is minimal "rule bending" with motors. I have been under a lot of work load recently so I've gotten a little behind with you guys. Spensor posted something recently about a draft proposal for a hp/wt rule. I encouraged him to proceed, the earlier this gets done the easier it will be to implement for 2008.

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts