Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically a poll. Do you prefer to mount the seat platform (breeze kit) parallel to the floor edge (along the door sill) or parallel to the tranny tunnel?

When I'm seated on the pass. side, it feels more comfy when the seat is parallel to the tranny tunnel so that your body is straight to maximize leg room in the foot boxes. Otherwise my body has to be turned at the waist with my legs extended into the footbox. Does the seat look strange positioned parallel to the tranny and not the floor edge or will it not be noticeable when the interior is finished?

[ July 07, 2007, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: TroyT ]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,387 Posts
Troy,

Both my seats are mounted parellel to the tunnel. For me, better for the pedals and, I think, is more in line with the max room in the passenger side footbox.

Mark

·
Registered
648 Posts
Better mount the body to make sure all will fit!

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Parallel to trans tunnel top,don't see what the body on or off has to do with it though.
Paul M.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,355 Posts
Originally posted by Cannonball Cobra:
Parallel to trans tunnel top,don't see what the body on or off has to do with it though.
Paul M.
It's dependent on what seat he has.
I was glad I waited for the body when I mounted my Street Performers.

·
Junior Charter Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TD, I have the classic seats. I've already mounted the pass. base platform parallel to the tranny tunnel, because it was most comfortable and could maximize space in the footbox.

·
3,596 Posts
Go with the tunnel.It's the most comfortable,and seems to keep my body more in line.
Good luck

·
Junior Charter Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I got it installed, but I'm not sure if it's right, cuz the seat looks crooked eventhough the platform and seat are parallel to the tranny tunnel. Does this look right? This kinda stresses me out...not only it's difficult to install, but I want it to be right. See pics below.

·
Junior Charter Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More...

·
Junior Charter Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ttt

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
I moved the lower steering shaft bearing over to make the wheel/column strait with the frame, and mounted the seat strait, centered on the wheel.

As for the "Pole", I wouln't have it any other way. When I see things crooked they stand out like a soar thumb. Just my opinion.

·
Junior Charter Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I may just shift the seat on the platform to straighten it out more, so it'd look better and still be comfy.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
Troy, do you have any pics of the seat tracks installed before seats? im going thru the same dilemma.

thanx

jimmy O

·
2,746 Posts
Guys,

For what it's worth, I struggled with the question of parallel to the tunnel or the sides when I installed my seats. Ended up making the seats parallel with the sides of the car, after the fact, I found that I had about 8" of seat travel before the seat contacted the tunnel. I can't imagine anybody needing to get closer to wheel and pedals than than anyway.

Chris.

·
Junior Charter Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guys,

I'm going to remove the seat on pass. side and adjust the seat some on the platform to straighten it out.
Jimmy, I haven't started the driver's side yet, whichi is with the adjustable seat track. I thought I'd start with the fixed platform on the pass. side as it seemed easier. Well, it's also a pain to install. Sooooo, back to the drawing board and start this process again. :(

·
Registered
87 Posts
I initially mounted my drivers seat to be parallel with the body side. It looked OK except the seat belts were not centered. When I put the body and doors on, I realized that my left arm was really crowded by the door/body. Also my right knee seemed to be at an awkward angle when I stepped on the gas.
I remounted my seats to be parallel to the trans tunnel and everything is aligned; the steering, the pedals, the seats and the seat belts. Also, there is plenty of room for my shoulders, and my right legs is not trying to wrap around the trans tunnel. When you first sit it the car, you can notice that you are not going perfectly forward, but once underway, you quickly forget about that...
Paul

1 - 20 of 21 Posts