Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need solution for portable storage media for carying files between work and home. I am looking for about 10G of space. Probably too much for a flash drive or thumb drive.

What other options are out there? I want something that doesn't need external power. Are there any external drives that work with USB2 that don't need an external power source?

thanks,

I found this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5797541&type=product&id=1058188350568

Any thoughts?

[ November 12, 2005, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: SloW8 ]

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,291 Posts
Most all of the 2.5" external hard drives can be powered off of the USB port. IF you need 10GB then I would suggest the hard drive, they make some really small enclosures for the 2.5" drives. All you really need is any laptop hard drive and and external case that supports USB 2.0. Just about the biggest flash drive you are going to fund will be 4GB and they are still going to be fairly pricey.

Nathan

·
Charter Member
1,083 Posts
The 2.5" drives are gonna be way too slow. Go with the IPOD, or wait for bigger thumb drives. BestBuy is selling 4GB sticks now, prob be up to 10GB by summer. Wait a minute, you're shuffling 10GB of data back and forth? What could you possibly need every day that takes up 10GB? Any way do diet that payload?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts