Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of using a portable speaker for my ipod behind the seats. Does anyone have this setup and if so what kind of speaker do you have and what do you think of it. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Not so usual portable solution.....

Have tried a number of portable speaker setups with my ipod in the car -- just threw em in the passenger side to try them. Fidelity on most are pretty decent but simply couldn't get the volume high enough to compete with the pipes and wind without a lot of distortion.

So was messing around with my guitar and portable Cube (Roland) amp the other day and thought what the heck, let's see what it sounds like with the ipod going through the actual amp section instead of the aux-in play along input.

Well, rather modest tonal fidelity (it is a dedicated instrument amp and speaker after all) but the volume was pretty darn good and the distortion modest -- and this is from a 5 inch speaker and a couple of watts. http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=594&ParentId=57

I am still going to put in a substantial permanent system, but for just cruising around and having something that can compete (somewhat) with the pipes and wind, not too bad for the 80 bucks or so it cost on sale from the local Guitar Center.

Regards,
Bill

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
Portabler? remember - anything not firmly attached or secured can become a projectile in the case of an accident, spinout, etc.

·
Too much is just enough.
5,872 Posts
Good point KC. the less movable objects in the cockpit, the better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts