Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Poor weather at Cobra Revolution II. We will host a FREE event/cookout in July/Aug!

320 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Phil Mead 
#1 ·
Sadly, the weather never did cooperate much for us at the Cobra Revolution II.

I want to thank everyone who did brave the cold and damp weather to join us. Those who couldn't make it, I certainly understand. I was tempted to turn my car around first thing yesterday morning. But we had to go forward for a few reasons. 1. They kept saying the weather was going to get better. 2. We had paid for the park permit for this weekend only. 3. We had hired the lunch vendor and really couldn't cancel on him.

We know the weather is out of our control, but Kara and I really feel bad that lots of people paid and couldn't attend. So, it is our intention to hold a FREE event once we move into our new house. We make settlement in mid-July, so we're thinking early August. We'll pick the date ASAP. We are certainly open for suggestions, but at this point, the thought is as follows. We'll host the BBQ at our house. We'll buy the meat and chips and soda, etc... If I could just get a few volunteers to help on the grills, we'll do fine. I'm moving to a nice large cul-de-sac, so parking will not be an issue. After lunch, we have a few different options. I've heard there is a dyno shop going into my new town (Royersford). Or there is Arnolds' go-carts, in Oaks PA. I'd love to try out those go-carts. Maybe a restaurant for dinner? This event will have no registration, no fees, nothing. Just let us know if you're coming, so we can buy enough food. This way, if it rains, no big deal, we'll keep the food in the freezer and try again.

Also, lots of people yesterday asked me about starting a local PA/NJ/DE area club. Are you guys interested? Is someone available who'd be able to donate their skills in helping me make a website for it?

Again, sorry about the bad weather yesterday and all weekend (we really had a great line up), but hope you can make our free make-up event, aka Cobra Revolution II 1/2?? :D

Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
Steve,
Don't apologize for the weather. You and Kara put on a really fun event yesterday in spite of it. Mary & I had a great time and met a lot of genuinely nice people. The beauty of cloudy weather is you don't have to wear sunglasses. heh, heh, heh. Easier to look at all thoses great cars!
CobraRevolution II.5 sounds like fun, although I don't think you should feel as though you OWE anything to anybody that couldn't make it.
A club based in our area sounds like a great idea.
Thanks again for a great day!!
Jeff

#3 ·
Please don't misunderstand my post. Kara and I had a great time. We really enjoy getting together with lot of Cobra folks and have made many new friends. We love the fact that this is an event specifically for Cobras and that we can all get together. We were very surprised and happy with the number of cars that did show up despite the weather. It really shows how terrific the folks around here are. But at the same time, we obviously were hoping for better weather, and just feel badly that so many people paid their hard earned money and couldn't attend, through no fault of their own. And those who did come had to brave the cold and damp, instead of the sunshine and warmth (we should have brought some coffee). That's not getting your moneys' worth.

Besides, I gotta impress (or scare) the new neighbors somehow!!!
:eek: :D

Steve

#4 ·
I've had the weather wreak havoc with my club's car shows. Mother Nature answers to no-one!

I'd love to come down in August, mid month is my vote, since I'll be on vacation the first week.

Your hospitality is recognized and much appreciated.

#5 ·
Steve & Kara (and Josh),
Thanks for doing this again! Sandy & I had a good time...I eventually did dry out! But, I think I had immersion butt by the time I got home! We really enjoyed making the cruise around to New Hope! Sandy says to whoop up on Roger and convince him to make the Fling...She really enjoyed their company.
Once again some nice cars showed up despite the weather.

Oh and Steve...next time blow a whistle or something when it's time to clean up! I turned around and you and Kara had already done everything without any help! You do enuff putting everything together...we don't expect you to clean up after us too!

Wade! I did ya proud and braved all the rain from Dover up to Wilmington!

#6 ·
Thanks guys, details are coming, but we're fasting putting together plans for our makeup date. It's actually looking like it'll be mid-July.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.