Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Received MK3 2/3/07
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Holley SysteMax Intake. Its not as eye appealing as I want it to be. I thought about polishing, chroming, and even painting. What have you guys done, or recommend. Either way I go will be a lot of work.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,114 Posts
Polishing is a hard way to go, much work. I've seen several powder coated intakes and they look great. Pete

·
Charter Member
1,730 Posts
Use black crackle paint. Looks fantastic, super durable, and very inexpensive. -John

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
The Holley is bright "tumble" finished, but it will dull over time (mine's about six years old on my daily driver Mustang)...

On my build I painted the Holley lettering and ribbing body color to tie the engine into the body more. I also painted accessory brackets and more the same color...

HTH...
Mark

·
Senior Charter Member
6,098 Posts
I polished my stock intake. It took a lot of work but looks great. There are lots of posts on how to do polishing yourself. You can do a search.

So like most things it comes down to a tradeoff between personal preferences, time and money.

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
I polished two, it is a TON of work, but it looks awesome. Do a search, I posted the whole procedure a few times and it's been a few years since I did it. I would probably forget a few steps if I post now ;)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Send it out and have it ceramic coated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts