Factory Five Racing Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
She's Home

Well, as promised Gary had the car ready for pick yesterday.

Michael and I started early.
I left my house at 6:30, picked him up, loaded up his coupe and headed south

got to Gary's at 12:30, toured the facility, loaded up and headed north. We were back up in Snohomish before 8:00pm

Gary did an excellent job, and I seriously have no complaints.

The color and finish is just what I was hoping for. BRIGHT FREAKING RED..

I ended up using a red from the 60's..

In reality, it is just a hint brighter than the Factory Five Mk4 gel coat but it is much shinier :) almost too nice to drive. man that first rock chip is gonna sting..

I've got a number of things to finish up and unfortunately I must remove the body for some of them. Won't be doing that for a few weeks yet, as I want it to just chill for a bit while I get the shop in order and make spaces for the hood, truck and doors when they have to come off.

Anyone needing body and paint would benefit by a visit to Albany Oregon.

And again, a special thanks for the trailer!

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
In this picture you can see the 'eye of the storm' we arrived in.

It poured on us all the way down, and the sky cleared just long enough for us to make the switch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,087 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I saw a coupe at Gary's this past weekend, the red gel coat is starting to look like a thing of the past !

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I saw a coupe at Gary's this past weekend, the red gel coat is starting to look like a thing of the past !
You must mean my coupe Tony ;)

I have more pics in my build thread...

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
You must mean my coupe Tony ;)

I have more pics in my build thread...
It looked a little different this past weekend when I saw it also ! Looking good

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Progress!!!

Got a few pics from Gary and I am very happy with the progress!!

I am also happy to report he fixed my major two mess ups on the drivers door.. The door solenoid got in the way of the door and where I cut a hole before i ended up grinding down the door frame. For the now famous SeattleDad mod ;)

The rest of the pics I got were minor things he had been fixing for me like the passenger wiper bump.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
How is the windshield going ?
From the pics it looks like he has not started working that part.

For everyone else it seems that the middle of the windshield opening needs to be ground down so the windshield can sit in the cutout. When I had it taped in the glass would rest on the center and be raised up on one end. Need to take out the center to allow both sides to seat properly so it no longer is raised up.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Kind of a repeat from my build thread but this thread is good for people searching for painters IMO.

The windshield issues were solved by screwing down the bottom of the windshield opening to the center frame/firewall post underneath. The Gen2 coupes only have a small tab in the middle Vs. a bar running across the whole bottom of the window opening/top of the firewall. It all fits very well now.

Gary finished the spoiler (which I really wanted glassed in) and primer started going on!! Super exciting day!!! It all looks awesome.

I could not be happier with Gary's work, his speed, and his communication. He has had it one month and estimates a March 26th completion. 2 months total!! All very good things.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
More primer..

Not much of anything different than the last photos but thought I would share.
Working that primer

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Paint

Afer a very long day of driving I have my car back!! Ill skip the details and get to the pics. Gary did an amazing job!!! I wil post one more set of pics in this thread once it is put back together.

I am too tired and excited to type :grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Looks really great! Now the fun begins putting it all back together and finish all the details. Congrats on your milestone.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,034 Posts
NICE! VERY VERY NICE!! CONGRATS. LOVE THE COLOR COMBO!!
Butch

PS
Gary does some great work--just saying

·
Premium Member
11,087 Posts
I'm trying to get ready for paint but it appears Gary's website is no longer up: http://www.correiascustoms.com

Is he still in business? Different website?

I found his contact info hope it is still relevant. Also found this website: http://www.primequip.net/sofast.htm

SoFast Racing
Farra/Gary
541-928-5858 (Farra - Owner)/ 541-760-4518 (Gary - Painter)

Darren

61 - 75 of 75 Posts