Factory Five Racing Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
It is a Rostra unit but I think it is just branded for Dakota Digital (or vice versa). They are exactly the same as far as I can tell. Works great.

Reactions: chrisarella

·
Registered
327 Posts
I like the clean look when the dash comes to mind. Ignition key is under the dash along with the headlight switch, dual USB charger, seat heater controls, and gauge lighting control. Also under the dash is the clamp mount for the Fitech controller as well as a phone holder. Dash pushbuttons are for horn, fan over ride and hazards. Engine start as well. I no longer have to tell passengers how fast we are going. They get to look for themselves.

Scott

Attachments

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Comp style dash I installed in a completed MKII back in 2012. Scott

WG004.jpg

Reactions: Garvin

·
Registered
36 Posts

10 years later and I still do not know why Factory Five will not offer a competition dash layout for 427 S/C modeled roadster. I made my own and I have a CAD file if anyone is interested.
Kind of off topic - but, I too was hoping to stray from the factory five vintage gauge package a bit and go with an improved Tach (like yours with the progressive shift lights), ditch the clock, and add an oil temperature gauge.

Did you order the vintage gauges and swap them out using Speedhut or forego the gauges with the kit, get the credit, and just buy what you wanted from speedhut directly?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Kind of off topic - but, I too was hoping to stray from the factory five vintage gauge package a bit and go with an improved Tach (like yours with the progressive shift lights), ditch the clock, and add an oil temperature gauge.

Did you order the vintage gauges and swap them out using Speedhut or forego the gauges with the kit, get the credit, and just buy what you wanted from speedhut directly?
I received a gauge set from FFR "which are already speedhut gauges" as part of the 15 year anniversary package but I did not like the set for my setup. I end up working with Speedhut and changed a bunch of things. Tach. with shift lights was mostly done to get redline at 12 O:Clock. Changed the oil pressure sender to the 3 wire. Replaced the clock with oil temp. and changed to F from C. Speedhut is great to work with and really took care of me.

I would just go with Speedhut if you want to be specific about your needs.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you are looking for the Speedhut gauges with the LED indicators, take a look at the Revolution gauges. All gauges in the group have LED's in them for low and/or high set points. The tach is really nice, as there are multiple LED's for shift lights. Let me tell you, there is no doubt those are illuminated when you get close to red line (or wherever you have your setpoints at). I programmed my water temp for low and high temps. Light stays on until it's safe to play. Comes back on when the temp hits the high setpoint as well. The best thing is that they plug right into the latest wire harness from FFR.

Scott

·
Registered
36 Posts
I received a gauge set from FFR "which are already speedhut gauges" as part of the 15 year anniversary package but I did not like the set for my setup. I end up working with Speedhut and changed a bunch of things. Tach. with shift lights was mostly done to get redline at 12 O:Clock. Changed the oil pressure sender to the 3 wire. Replaced the clock with oil temp. and changed to F from C. Speedhut is great to work with and really took care of me.

I would just go with Speedhut if you want to be specific about your needs.
Good to know. I'll probably just go gauge delete then when I order my kit, and order from speedhut directly. I like the FFR gauge and will probably copy their style - but I have just enough differences that I think ordering new will help. Big fan of the revolution tach.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you are looking for the Speedhut gauges with the LED indicators, take a look at the Revolution gauges. All gauges in the group have LED's in them for low and/or high set points. The tach is really nice, as there are multiple LED's for shift lights. Let me tell you, there is no doubt those are illuminated when you get close to red line (or wherever you have your setpoints at). I programmed my water temp for low and high temps. Light stays on until it's safe to play. Comes back on when the temp hits the high setpoint as well. The best thing is that they plug right into the latest wire harness from FFR.

Scott
I always wondered how strong those LEDs would be on a roadster during the day. Good to hear they will be noticeable. I'm still undecided on revolution smaller gauges - then again I can be a sucker for bells and whistles when it comes to gauges.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you want to play around with gauge designs, go to the speedhut website. While visiting my son during his graduation from Air Force Basic Training, he designed our gauges while we were waiting for dinner one evening. Picked everything about them. He was shocked when he came home 4 months later and his design was sitting there in the box from Speedhut.

Scott

Reactions: BrewCityCobra

·
Official OLD GUY
3,811 Posts
OK, since I got mentioned back in post #38, guess i better throw mine into the mix.

Doc

·
850 Posts

41 - 53 of 53 Posts