Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,732 Posts
Definitely my favorite layout. Nice job.

10 years later and I still do not know why Factory Five will not offer a competition dash layout for 427 S/C modeled roadster. I made my own and I have a CAD file if anyone is interested.

·
Advisor
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you guys! Amazing photos!

I love the radioactive button. I might steal it. Which bluetooth receiver is it?

Mine is carbon fiber with copper inlays that i acid etched. Just updated to backlit push buttons.......note the radioactive one. Get it RADIO ACTIVE, it turns on my bluetooth receiver. View attachment 359560

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thank you guys! Amazing photos!

I love the radioactive button. I might steal it. Which bluetooth receiver is it?
i used Out of Sight but a radio is a waste of money......in 5 years i have never used it. I tried it when i first installed it and never again.

·
Advisor
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You just need more amplifiers. :D

Alright, no radio. The music of the engine should be enough anyway. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here is mine. Its not perfect. I would probably do a few things differently but hey its my first build and I enjoyed the process.
Speedhut gauges (4 1/2 and 2 5/8). Brown county customs plates. Billet Automotive Buttons ...well... buttons and indicators. Russ Thompson turn signal. 60s mustang replica ignition. Standard light switch. Ford Cobra Jet steering wheel. Alex glovebox.

Still a work in progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
To answer the other part of your initial post, I have USB ports under the dash. They are a bit of a challenge to reach but I wanted them hidden. They are part of the under dash plate I made. I also have ports in the trunk. The trunk is wired hot so if I wanted to charge something like (my phone) and be locked in the trunk. I stole the integrated switch to run a led light strip in the trunk.

I also do have a stereo system. I know many people debate it but its whats I wanted. Mostly just for slow speed and parking lots. However I didn't really want it to be seen so it has no head unit. It is just a Kenwood Bluetooth amp. Audio will only come streamed from my phone. Speakers are tucked away the best I could.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Like it says. When searching, there are tons of old posts, but none of the pictures are up (photobucket doesn't link, file missing, etc...).

I have the carbon fiber dash with the autometer gauges. I only get one shot at this and wanted to see what others have done in general with their dash layout. I picked up the Ron Francis wiring and I'd like to add USB chargers, and some stereo equipment.

Is there anything you wished you added/moved?

Please show off!
I was dissatisfied with the original dash layout, and wanted all my gauges and controls in one center module. I removed the entire dash, and then cut a 12" wide section out of the center. I hand fabricated a new center module in which I recessed new analog LED gauges from Glow Shift, along with controls for: 4-way hazard flasher, lights, wipers, ignition and a master power kill key. I also added a new Alpine audio unit and a pair of 4" Kicker speakers. Everything in the new center gauge module was connected with water proof Weather Pak connectors, making it easy to remove the entire center console, by removing just 3 screws and disconnecting 6 or 8 connectors. The remaining side dash panels and the new center module were all wrapped with 3M carbon fiber.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mark IV dash as supplied with the kit. Added a fuel pressure gauge (Gen1 Coyote) and oil temp. In hindsight it is too many gauges for the eyes to deal with. Probably should have ditched the oil temp and clock. The clock is useless at night because the hands aren't illuminated.... To meet Australian design rules, I had to fit the following:
  • 2x indicator lamps for turn signals.
  • Brake fluid warning lamp.
  • Parking brake lamp.
  • MIL indicator lamp .
  • Seat belt warning lamp.
  • Twist switches or rockers only, no toggle switches allowed.
  • self cancelling indicators.
Below dash is:
  • Heater control (Factory five)
  • ECU isolator
  • Main isolator
  • Remote brake bias adjuster (Wilwood)
View attachment 359526

Directly below odometer is small push buttons for odometer settings and clock set. These are hidden by the indicator stalk and steering wheel, so dont really detract from 60's look. large push button is for horn.
View attachment 359528

I attached (5 or 6?) right angle brackets to the backside of the dash as well as right angle brackets with 5mm nutserts to the dash hoop. This allowed me to hide the fastening screws. Worked perfectly. Easy to get to screws if you put them in the right positions. I used the supplied dash padding which has held up ok so far. Didnt fit a glove box because heater was in the way.

Cheers,

Nigel
I like your dash - and it's supposed to have "too many" gauges - it's a super performance car! So you can't see the clock at night??? You can see it during the day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like the look of a lot of gauges - and they are all useful. A crowded dash just looks good to me in a car like this. I installed a radio attached to the bottom of the dash - and it looked terrible. I think anything attached to the bottom of the dash just looks tacky. I bought a small remote controlled radio that takes a USB stick with my music on it, and mounted it behind the dash just to the right of the glove box and it works fine for me. Granted, I don't listen to it too frequently, but it's invisible all the same. I do have a shift light mounted under the dash close to the steering, but I install it on race day and remove it when the racing is over. I'm also beginning not to like the black plastic toggle switches and am thinking about going to metal switches. This is a daily driver and a drag car on weekends when the weather permits.
SAM_2015c.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is mine. Its not perfect. I would probably do a few things differently but hey its my first build and I enjoyed the process.
Speedhut gauges (4 1/2 and 2 5/8). Brown county customs plates. Billet Automotive Buttons ...well... buttons and indicators. Russ Thompson turn signal. 60s mustang replica ignition. Standard light switch. Ford Cobra Jet steering wheel. Alex glovebox.

Still a work in progress.

View attachment 359603
You know I am copying that set up, not all but most.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You know I am copying that set up, not all but most.
I would consider that a compliment.

A couple notes. My Ignition is kinda annoying to get to. Others have put it there but with the steering wheel I have its tight. My lower left gauge (fuel pressure) is basically out of sight but I kinda knew it would be and that's why its that gauge.

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,375 Posts

Reactions: WIS89 and Hacksaw84

·
Registered
613 Posts
To answer the other part of your initial post, I have USB ports under the dash. They are a bit of a challenge to reach but I wanted them hidden. They are part of the under dash plate I made. I also have ports in the trunk. The trunk is wired hot so if I wanted to charge something like (my phone) and be locked in the trunk. I stole the integrated switch to run a led light strip in the trunk.

I also do have a stereo system. I know many people debate it but its whats I wanted. Mostly just for slow speed and parking lots. However I didn't really want it to be seen so it has no head unit. It is just a Kenwood Bluetooth amp. Audio will only come streamed from my phone. Speakers are tucked away the best I could.
Didn't you also have an nGauge? If so, Where did you mount it? I'm updating my Layout and wondering how to get it mounted. Lund is only showing the windshield or A/C mounts on their site and I know they used to offer a cup mount option.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Didn't you also have an nGauge? If so, Where did you mount it? I'm updating my Layout and wondering how to get it mounted. Lund is only showing the windshield or A/C mounts on their site and I know they used to offer a cup mount option.
[/QUOTE]

I modified the suction cup mount from amazon to use it as under dash mount. I wanted the nGauge to be removable and not part of the dash itself.

After having sat in the car it needs to be moved over towards the center of the car. But will keep it similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, here's mine. The old standard with a few upgrades.

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Registered
613 Posts
I see a Dakota Digital cruise control. It's on my shortlist of things to purchase here soon. Just about to place a big order with them next week.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts