Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeking recommendations on an indoor cover for 3229. I have a cotton/fabric like cover that has been fine, but now the inner liner is starting to deteriorate so the car is constantly covered in fabric dust.

My primary concern is a cover that will not scratch the paint during removal/install, and that will keep dust out (my garage gets dirty fast).

Secondary concern is basic abrasion/impact protection (wife keeps setting boxes on the car).

Thanks,
Trevor

·
Registered
333 Posts
I use a cheap budge car cover. The one I have is water resistant if needed and gets used at the London cobra show when it sits outside. Otherwise, it’s on the car when I’m not driving it. It also protects the car from my family setting things on it as they walk by.

Scott

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I am seeking recommendations on an indoor cover for 3229. I have a cotton/fabric like cover that has been fine, but now the inner liner is starting to deteriorate so the car is constantly covered in fabric dust.

My primary concern is a cover that will not scratch the paint during removal/install, and that will keep dust out (my garage gets dirty fast).

Secondary concern is basic abrasion/impact protection (wife keeps setting boxes on the car).

Thanks,
Trevor
My wife bought me the FFR cover for Christmas several years ago. It fits well, washes with no issues and is quite soft. Also looks great IMHO and comes down to the floor. Scott
Ipad 002.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
I have indoor covers that are made with NOAH fabirc. Woven material that is fairly thick. The thickness has cushioned the paint many times.

Washable, and it gets better with each wash. I bought it in 2002 and it still is great..

·
Registered
494 Posts
I just received a fleeced satin cover from Car Cover World (FS17409F5). I like it a great deal. Very soft, easy to put on, and very light. I'm using it for an indoor dust cover and have a Weathershield HP for outdoor/weather use.

·
Senior Charter Member
883 Posts
California car cover

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use a cheap budge car cover. The one I have is water resistant if needed and gets used at the London cobra show when it sits outside. Otherwise, it’s on the car when I’m not driving it. It also protects the car from my family setting things on it as they walk by.

Scott
I second the budge cover. Fits well, has held up, and keeps the car clean and protected from incidental scuffs.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,290 Posts
Any thing cheap that fits a Miata. Last time I looked at Advance the packaging had a window in it so you could feel the fabric.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I got the Budge size B3 at Walmart it fits great although I haven't tried it since I installed the roll bars.
JR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts