Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I sent out a public thanks to Factory Five. But I really should have included a few other people who have made the FFR Community great.

So I wanted to take a minute and thank our members. Thank you members: new and old.

There is no way that we could have built this site into such a cool place to hang out if it wasn’t for the members. We have great members, both new and old. The cool thing about our site is that anyone can ask any question about Factory Five products and feel comfortable. We don’t bash new people. Instead, we welcome them. And it doesn’t matter how many posts you have made to become a part of our community. People with 1 post are just as welcome as people with 200 posts. But sometimes you have to recognize the people who have been here contributing to most.

Specifically, the following members account for a good deal of helpful commentary and build tips. These guys are the top contributors to our community and we owe them a great big thank you! I could have named 300 people, but instead focused on the top 20 people who have contributed the most posts and helpful commentary.

So please join me in giving them a big thank you to the 20 following people who really make this site special:

Eric 427 Shelby
raceral
CobraEarl
Ophitoxaemia
Gordon Levy
Richard Oben
RacingRob
2FAST4U
oldguy668
Gary Evans
Wade Chamberlain
Wayne Presley
Ozona
David Borden
Deane Boothe
russ Thompson
FFCars4Me
Teamfour
Engineer Ed
Mike Mack

Also, I owe a big thank you to Galt, Duane and my wife Jackie. Thanks everyone!

- Bill

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Thanks for the recognition, Bill. But, rememeber, an artist cannot work without canvas...

·
Senior Charter Member
226 Posts
Bill, THANK YOU! for starting this forum and THANKS!! to everyone else for making and keeping it great! Let's keep it this way!

·
6,546 Posts
Thanks for the recognition.

I really like this site and the folks that post on it.

Good People. :D

I would also like to thank Joe (Oldguy) for answering a multitude of dumb questions offline regarding the GNX brakes. Joe Rocks.

None of this would be possible without you and yours Bill! Thank you!

Bill Benton (Ozona)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Yesterday I sent out a public thanks to Factory Five. But I really should have included a few other people who have made the FFR Community great.

So I wanted to take a minute and thank our members. Thank you members: new and old.

There is no way that we could have built this site into such a cool place to hang out if it wasn’t for the members. We have great members, both new and old. The cool thing about our site is that anyone can ask any question about Factory Five products and feel comfortable. We don’t bash new people. Instead, we welcome them. And it doesn’t matter how many posts you have made to become a part of our community. People with 1 post are just as welcome as people with 200 posts. But sometimes you have to recognize the people who have been here contributing to most.

Specifically, the following members account for a good deal of helpful commentary and build tips. These guys are the top contributors to our community and we owe them a great big thank you! I could have named 300 people, but instead focused on the top 20 people who have contributed the most posts and helpful commentary.

So please join me in giving them a big thank you to the 20 following people who really make this site special:

Eric 427 Shelby
raceral
CobraEarl
Ophitoxaemia
Gordon Levy
Richard Oben
RacingRob
2FAST4U
oldguy668
Gary Evans
Wade Chamberlain
Wayne Presley
Ozona
David Borden
Deane Boothe
russ Thompson
FFCars4Me
Teamfour
Engineer Ed
Mike Mack

Also, I owe a big thank you to Galt, Duane and my wife Jackie. Thanks everyone!

- Bill
Well said, Bill. This is an awesome site! Keep up the good work you guys!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm not sure if I could be building this car without the help here. At the very least I would not be as far along and be having a lot more battles. Thanks to everyone for helping me. Hope I can return it down the road.

·
12,650 Posts
Originally posted by russ thompson:
I have a great deal of fun with my roadster and the main reason is the other folks I do it with.

One of the most enjoyable things to do is traveling around meeting forum people, putting faces to names.
MEGGA DITTOS

Had a blast at the Open House, trying to match as many faces to names as possible.

earl

·
Registered
36 Posts
I really enjoy this forum!

I do not have an FFR yet (but I will :D ). I have been involved with the Internet since 1993 (both professionally and personally) and this forum really works. I was speaking to a group of executives last week about how the Internet has (for the most part) not met the expectations of users and businesses alike (don’t get me wrong I love the Internet, however the history of the Internet is littered with unmet expectations, unqualified experts, and vaporware – sorry this is a sore spot for me). However, I used this forum and FFR as an example of an exemplary use of the Internet in creating a “community” that goes beyond meeting expectations – to quote my presentation… “this forum and its members make ‘dreams come true’” (I know it sounds kind of corny, but the execs really liked it – It’s strange how exotic cars always strike positive chords with techno-weary executives).

I am mechanically inclined, but besides some restoration work on a 1983 Alfa Romeo Spider, my automotive skills leave a lot to be desired. I liked the idea of a Cobra kit, but wondered if I could actually pull this off. I called FFR with a few questions and they cordially answered them and directed me to this forum as a source of further information. After several months of reading the posts (collecting many of them as PDF’s for later) I really feel that this is doable! I still have lots of questions and decisions to make (e.g. donor vs pallet vs new, options, colors, what goes on my vanity plate, etc.) but I now feel confident that I do this (heck, even my wife likes the idea).

Many, many thanks to Bill and all of the members. With your help my Cobra dream will come true (
).

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ditto Bill! See you guys at the Fling. I will be the guy walking around with my head down because my FFR will once again be stuck here in Bama. That just means I can drink more Miller :D .

John

·
Befuddled
560 Posts
Add my thanks as well, although my build estimate was sure a hell of a lot cheaper before you guys put all these ideas in my head! Hmph.

Seriously, thanks to everyone who has been helping.

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
I'm really flattered, honored and proud to be in that list, Bill.
Thank You.

{{Imagine for a moment that there was no internet, no newsgroups, no forums.....and that all of the present FFRs had been built using just the manual and strong determination, what do you have? (well, a lot of things), but considering time and space, we'd have...

A bunch of losers that will think they are the best at building their Cars and driving them fast, lonely stucked-up people driving Replicas of a small and attractive Sports Car catching lots of attention but having no fun, etc, etc.}}

Thankfully, this is not the case, we have the power to change things! We have the ability to comunicate with each other, to improve a product by means of testing, driving, making changes to fix mistakes or increase performance, etc, and then help someone that might be looking for that piece of information themselves, so please share your toughts, questions and answers by posting in this forum!

You have a GREAT site here Bill!
And I thank you for that, for making people COMUNICATE, IMPROVE STUFF, and really just HAVE FUN!

·
Rip Snortin Post Maniac
1,044 Posts
Nice job in seeing the need for another forum. Too bad it had to happen. :(

Keep up the great work, we all really appreciate it.

·
6,559 Posts
I for one could have never seen this project to the end without this forum and all the expertise within. Thanks to everyone and thanks Bill for pulling us all together.

·
10,171 Posts
Holy Moleeee... I think I'm gonna cry :rolleyes:
When I got bit 3 yrs ago.. I could not stay off of these forums.. (still can't) and I still remember asking all of the same questions that are still being asked today.. Wayne, and the Ape got me all fired up... David Borden got me all fired up and a pretty cool wife toboot.. and what can I say about RUSS THOMPSON.. he seems to be everybody's friend.. just wish i could meet every one, one of these days...
I could not have ever built my dream car without these folks and these forums..
When I got bit.. seems like all the cars were out west.. In the last 2 years.. the east coast and the carolinias and va. has come on like gange busters..
Thanks guys for this forum..Its a blast and looks sooooooo good :D :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts