Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get an idea of how i want them to look, please post pictures and a brief description if possible of the pocket, price, source, and anything else.

Thanks
Eric

·
FFR Driver
2,154 Posts
Eric,

Stop by this evening and I will show what I have done (not installed yet) and a few prototypes.

·
FFR Driver
2,154 Posts
Originally posted by Rob:
Arn't you packing yet! :)
Rob,

The main benifit to side pockets is to be able to carry the handgun in the car and not to have it bouncing around behind the seats.

Thats what you meant. Right?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
No pat he's alittle young to be "packing".... Though I do have MY permit! I meant SCHOOL!!! :)

Ill have to come over and check out your pockets too... Soon well all have to get together!

PA.. Pat thats what the front quick jacks are for! ;)

Rgds

Rob

[ September 03, 2002, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Rob ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,021 Posts
mine are just the ffr supplied pieces of vinyl but I liked the way they turned out. the manual said to run the material under the latch but I stopped it before that. They are very handy to have, to put in sunglasses, earplugs, hats and other odds and ends.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
All standard FFR hardware... except for the addition of the carpeted bottom quarter... and the MGTF grab handles... to compliment the MGTF door latches. I like the look... ~

·
Senior Charter Member
297 Posts
This is the panel I made for my EM. Shaped from hardboard, padded and covered. You could easily do the same for a FFR. Took me around 4 hours to do and cost less than $50.

Gene

·
Super Moderator
29,498 Posts
Gene-

That looks schweet!!

Keith

BTW - still no IRS. Going on 4 months (2-1/2 months overdue) :mad: :mad:

·
FFCobra Fanatic
510 Posts
My wife bought a pair of Ariel's pre-made-for-FFR door pockets for my birthday. I don't like the look of exposed screws on upholstery, so I looked for ways to mount them without using screws. At the suggestion of one of the FFCARS members, I bought some 'industrial' Velcro and used it to attach the panels. The only problem was that the constant pull of the elastic pulled the top corners away from the Velcro. To solve that, I bought some of those little plastic push-tabs that are normally used to hold plastic kick panels, etc. in place on newer cars. I only had to drill two small holes and snap in the push-tabs. It is not as clean as I had hoped, but the tabs blend in pretty well and look less obtrusive than screws IMHO.

·
Senior Charter Member
297 Posts
KevinFromNorCal,

Sorry, I sort of fabbed these 'on the fly' so I don't have any written details. If you really interested, I could put together a brief outline of what I did and email it to you. It was actually pretty easy once I got started.

Gene

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.