Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
2010 FFCars Graduate
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received the kit in Sept. 2005 and had it on the road in gelcoat August 2006.
Nearly 17k miles and three years later, it's finally painted! As you might guess it was built to go not show. I first have to thank my wife for supporting this crazy idea of mine. My brother who helped me countless weekends. It would not be the car it is had it not been for his help. My buddy who painted it for the cost of materials. Can't say thank you enough. Thanks to FFR for a great product and great support the couple of times it was needed. And I have to mention our wonderful vendors.......
Mike Forte, most of my driveline came from him. Great guy.
Breeze, Whitbys, Finishline, Herbs Door Panels, Alex's Custom Roadster Interiors, FFMetal, Mike's Replicaparts,and probably some I'm forgetting.
I really attempted a budget build, and while over, it has come in close to 27-28k so not bad. Finally thanks to Bill for this forum and all it's members. The willingness of the people here to help and share ideas and solutions has blown me away from day one. It has saved me more than once, and given me great ideas........that I shamelessly used! Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Your car's beautiful and looks show quality to me! Gorgeous!

Congrats

Bob

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Why to put those F***ing C**** badges on your car for?:evil:

Just kidding, got to your grad post via the should I put them on thread.

Car looks GREAT. I am really starting to like the no stripe look.:001_cool:

Great job and everytime you look at the nose, trunk or steering wheel, think of your son.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Very nice job! Love the badges too.
Now go have fun!
Arch

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Car looks really great!!! Congrats and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Nice Looking Car!!! Congrats!

·
Cobra Builder
1,726 Posts
Great job! I like the your painted side vents, I got talked out of it by my painter.

You should be very proud!

Pat

·
Junior
1,520 Posts
Very nice. What paint is that? Beautiful deep paint job.

·
2010 FFCars Graduate
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Knew I would forget something,:rolleyes:!
The paint is Ford Redfire Metallic, code G2.
Thanks everyone for the compliments, I'm real happy with how it turned out.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Congratulations, looks great! Very nice.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Sweet and clean looking build...congrats enjoy the "Co*ra Funs"

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Congrats! Great job.Roger

·
Charter Member
870 Posts
Great job, welcome to our world you are now a Jedi knight.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Great Job, everything is so clean that you did, you should be very proud of your labor. X2 go light em up now! Time for some sideways miles!

·
Junior Charter Member
594 Posts
Beautiful! Great color! Enjoy the ride.

·
Too much is just enough.
5,872 Posts
Nice clean looking job there. Well done.

1 thing, however, what's up with the crooked steering wheel badge? Everything is all nice and clean, and then there's a crooked steering wheel badge. Had too many :beer: celebrating when you put it on or what? I'm not trying to be critical or anything, it just looks wrong.

Enjoy the rides,
Joe

·
2010 FFCars Graduate
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice clean looking job there. Well done.

1 thing, however, what's up with the crooked steering wheel badge? Everything is all nice and clean, and then there's a crooked steering wheel badge. Had too many :beer: celebrating when you put it on or what? I'm not trying to be critical or anything, it just looks wrong.

Enjoy the rides,
Joe
It's right, the wheels where just turned when I took that pic. It's where I run the steering wheel that most consider wrong. Gives an unobstructed view of the instruments when running straight down the road though. Once I explain it, some have understood and liked it, others not so much. Works for me.

·
Super Moderator
29,405 Posts
I love it!! VERY original looking!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts