Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its been a long road, really a build and then a rebuild before ever getting completed. But here she is! Many thanks to all of the contributors here who pioneered many of the upgrades and modifications implemented during the build. Also, great appreciation goes out to Jeff Miller, who's advice was invaluable and workmanship on the body is first rate.

A few details not in my sig; Custom console and tunnel cover, driver foot box access panel, seat heaters, modified driver foot box frame support and extension with dead pedal, rear bulkhead cubby, foot box vents, my own custom hood hinge, passenger roll bar fabricated by me.

Update: Thought I should add some photos of my new ITB EFI.

· Registered
1,560 Posts
That's a very nice build... I love the blue and silver. Congratulation you should be very proud. We need more pictures.... JJ

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Wow that looks great congratulations. Did you say you made your own roll bar?

Jeff

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Looks very nice. Congratulations!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I know your busy, Marty. Give me a call or PM. We could meet for lunch or coffee at Packard's or whatever.

Yes, I fabbed the passenger roll bar, well, had it bent at a shop to my specs. But I fabbed and welded the support leg and all of the mounts in the car. My wife demanded she have one on her side (couldn't argue) but when I saw the factory one was $480 plus shipping, I looked for other options. $30 for the tube, $10 for the bend, $150 to be chromed. $190 total plus my time and some welding wire.

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some more pics. Engine and one of the last shots before the body went back on.

· Registered
616 Posts
Great job adding in that passenger roll bar-- how did you figure out where to cut the body holes?

Congratulations on the grad!

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great job adding in that passenger roll bar-- how did you figure out where to cut the body holes?

Congratulations on the grad!
Thanks, all!

I used poster board to roll paper tubes that tightly fit the mounts. Cut them to length to just meet the body and drew them in from underneath. Drilled pilot holes in the centers of the circles and hole sawed from above.

Some interior shots. Sewed up my own brake boot and all the bezels were hand made and polished by me.

· Premium Member
1,049 Posts
One of the cleanest builds I have seen on this site..well done! Love the console and the bezels, clean and simple. ENJOY!!

· Premium Member
437 Posts
I love the innovation this site has. Great touches and very impressed with the roll bar. What tube did you buy? What specs did you have to provide for the bend?

· Premium Member
412 Posts
Nice Build!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.