Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After many hurdles, some roadblocks, a wedding, a baby girl , it's finally time to graduate after 3 years of accomplishing "my dream"
6366 MK3 is now ready to hit the road. I picked up the kit at F5 in Oct 2007 and brought back home where it sat in the garage for a year (priorities). The car has been done since February of 2011 but i was waiting to be registered and insured before graduating to respect forum rules.
Like many others, I would like to make my thank you's. In no particular order except for the first one to my wife Stephanie for understand what this meant to me, and supporting and enduring me during the times and "moments" of the build. Just to name a few; LCL_Racing (Gaetan), STL_SCOTT (Scott), JKLEINER (Jeff), RE63(Ron), MUCK (Mike) for introducing this to me...
Because of this forum, i was able to gather a wealth of information and ideas to build a dream car, "mydream" and was also privilege to make new close friends.
I would like to thank all the members that have helped by far or close, members and vendor that shipped parts North of the boarder, it really helped!

About the car
The car was built by me, I also did all the body work but gave the final paint to a pro. The colors are Honda Tidewater blue, Vw Satin silver and Honda San Marino red
The car was a donor build from a 2000 Mustang GT(most parts where replaced or used as cores)
The engine is a 4.6 SOHC full wire diet with EGR system, Hydro-Boost, assisted steering and brakes with ABS
Turkey pan air filter ( Perl)
FFR stainless steel exhaust with cats and Ford Racing headers
Drive shaft safety hoop
Finishline Raydot mirrors and fan shroud
Team III wheels wrapped in Kumho tires 245-45-17 (front)and 335-35-17 (rear)
Front and rear Breaksteins with FFR front lower control arm and rear FFR 4 link

The interior has:
FFR Carbon fiber dash with Autometer gauge in the competition lay out
Kirkey racing seats
FFR MK 2 Carbon fiber doors
Repositionned hand brake with custom carbon fiber trans tunel
Extented/modified driver foot box (stl_scott)
Rear dropped trunk floor and battery box (jkleiner)
Back wall cut out with semi-full hidden Stereo (inspired by Arch F)
Enjoy the pics
Thierry

·
Super Moderator
29,396 Posts
WOW!! What craftsmanship!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
VERY, VERY nice Thierry. Those side views really look good especially with the meatballs and spats. Congrats!

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
22,970 Posts
Congrats! Great job. I like the colors.

Be proud,
Greg

·
FFR Cobra Craftsman
995 Posts
T, the car looks amazing. Congrats, you should be very proud,, you did a great job and the craftsmanship is fantastic.....
Are you making an appearance at open house???? Hope to see you, (and the car) there....

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Looks Great!!! Love the ram air!

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
Very nicely done. Love the carbon fiber (I have CF doors and dash too).

·
Ohio C-car Club
3,686 Posts
Congrats Thierry!!!!

Way to go, EH! :clap:

I've had the pleasure to meet and know Thierry for almost three years now. We finally met in person two summers ago when he almost forgot which weekend LCS was. He came to Columbus for the show, and took time out of his trip to bring some tools to my shop (okay it's just a garage) and help me troubleshoot some minor screw-ups on Modular engine build. I have to say the thanks go both ways with our builds!

Over that time, I have watched Thierry create a masterpiece with his car, and also get married (glad you remembered the date for the wedding) and the birth of his beautiful little baby girl! Yeah, the car turned out pretty good through all of these major life events man!

Hoisting a beer in your honor tonight my friend!

See you in a few weeks for LCS 2011.

P.S. - The show starts this year on Thursday, June 23rd!

·
Not a waxer
11,883 Posts
So happy that your graduation is finally here, EH!

Scott & I have been party to "sneak peek" photos but were sworn to secrecy (with threats of being blindfolded and left at the end of a moose trail in the wilds of Canada if we spilled the goods before official graduation ;)). At last everyone can appreciate what a fantastic job Thierry has done!

Enjoy it my friend! Can't wait to see it in person in a few weeks!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Thierry - Congrats on an outstanding effort and great looking car!! Great attention to detail and I love the color. There may even have a part of mine on there somewhere!

Enjoy the ride!

·
Junior Charter Member
143 Posts
dash

Beautiful car! I love how you cleaned up the dash and put you ignition and toggles under the dash. I wish i had thought of that. Congrats!

Rich

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Congratulations!! I love the color and the stripes!! Enjoy your beautiful car.

-Jon A.

128 Posts
Congratulations Thierry!!! I am happy to see that you were able to patiently work your way through all the local paperwork and finally get registered. Now the fun begins.

Beautiful car and excellent build!!! I cannot wait for the next chance to visit and go for a ride.

Tom

·
Master of my Build
2,033 Posts
Great Build. Beautiful. Enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Well Done...

Well done indeed.

Love the Carbon Fiber...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts