Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to rework the gauge / driver side dash of my Coupe. The stock one is functional - but barely. I want to do the following:
1. Place larger 5" Tach and Speedo higher up +4" and closer together - so they can be viewed within the steering wheel upper segment. - the current design the steering wheel covers the tach and speedo?.
2. Place smaller fuel, and water. on the left side.
3. Place the oil pressure & temp on the right.
4. Create a 'brow' over the gauge cluster approximately matching the steering curve. Ljft the speedo and tach up into that brow curve.
5. Cover the dask in Alcatera material - maybe look at another matching material such as
6. Get or make machine aluminum vent grills - the vinyl puckered stock vents is not pleasing.

Changing to black & white plain gages.
I currently have the silver gages and for some reason the backlight colors don't match?1? so it looks 'interesting' at night.
I will post some before and after pics. I am planning to print out full scale gage images and make a mockup to test the layout.

Gauge Measuring instrument Vehicle Speedometer Auto part

·
Registered
1 Posts
Something like this is what I have been thinking about for my type 65( ETA March 2022). I would like to use the BRE gauges if at all possible and planning on reworking the dash more to the super performance layout. Since I am new to this can you tell me what material or technique you plan to use to make more of a curve or “hump” to the dash/glare shield?
Car Wheel Speedometer Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I did the same. One other handy trick is to reverse the steering shaft bearing from the top to the bottom of the bracket.. This drops the wheel down thus creating a better viewing area of the gauges too. My water temp- gauge is with the speedo and tach. The other gauges are in the center stack. View of the gauges is excellent.
Also have the removable steering wheel which makes ingress and egress a little easier although not nescessary.
Vehicle Car Steering wheel Automotive design Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts