Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Curious George
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been researching the heck out of these parts, and need a check...

Here's the Fuel System recommendations in the Gen 3 Coyote Install Instructions (Download)
Summit Racing - Fuel System
AEI-13129 – 6AN Fuel pressure regulator
SUM-220166B – 6AN O-ring to straight 6AN Adapter (2 needed)
SUM-220701-B – 6AN to -6AN Hose Barb (1 needed)
FRA-495110-BL – 6AN O-ring to straight -4AN Adapter (1 needed)
SUM-220700-B – 4AN Hose Barb (1 needed)
SUM-220711-B – 90° -6AN to -6AN Hose Barb (1 needed)
SUM-800199 – 0-100 EFI fuel pressure gauge
GSL392BX – Fuel Pump or VOR-8F002-265 Fuel pump

VPN-400-939 – Fuel pump mount/barbs for GSL392BX pump

My setup for Boyd Tank to Gen3 Coyote Fuel System
EAR-AT949006ERL -6 AN Male to Male 9/16-18 adapter (1 needed at pump outlet)
AEI-13136 – 6AN Fuel pressure regulator (1 mounted on firewall)
SUM-220166B – 6AN O-ring to straight 6AN Adapter (3 needed on FPR)
SUM-250690B - PTFE, Straight, Reusable Swivel, -6 AN Female Thread, -6 AN Hose (6 needed)
AEI-15633 – 0-100 EFI fuel pressure gauge (connected to FPR)
RUS-660843 - Russell ProClassic AN to NPT Adapter (AN to NPT return)
AEI-11542 – Aeromotive Stealth 340 In-Tank; 340lph @ 90psi (in tank)
SUM-220985 - Summit Racing® -6 AN PTFE Hose Braided Stainless Steel, -6 AN, 20 ft. (1 needed)

Not sure if hose-barbs will be needed since I'm doing AN lines? (from the install guide)
SUM-220701-B – 6AN to -6AN Hose Barb (1 needed)
FRA-495110-BL – 6AN O-ring to straight -4AN Adapter (1 needed)
SUM-220700-B – 4AN Hose Barb (1 needed)
SUM-220711-B – 90° -6AN to -6AN Hose Barb (1 needed)

also, what's the connector into the actual Coyote Fuel Rail? shows a clip... with clamp?
what line should be used here?

Fuel lines
  • Push the white fuel line connector onto the fuel rail.
  • Hold the fuel line up to the connector and cut it to length with a razor knife.
  • Remove the fuel line connector.
  • Slide a hose clamp onto the hose then push the fuel line connector into the hose and tighten the clamp.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Be sure to use the white fuel line connector. Both of the black ones in my parts LEAKED!

·
Curious George
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be sure to use the white fuel line connector. Both of the black ones in my parts LEAKED!
does that white connector just clip onto the fuel rail? what line do you feed with from the FPR?

sorry - don't have my Coyote yet to look :cool:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yes the white quick connector just pushes onto the steel fuel rail tube. I used flexible rubber high pressure rubber hose, specked for gasoline and fuel injection. The picture previously posted, looks just like mine, other than they used the correct hose clamp and I have a worm drive clamp on mine. I intend to change mine out.

·
Curious George
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! any issues with mixing AN parts? 37 degrees is the standard, so I'm checking that they're 37d

not trying to skimp on prices, but if an $8 part works the same as a $20 part - no issues right?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just make a list of all the connectors you will need, get in the Summit Racing site or catalog and fill the list.
You can compare prices at the bottom of the list. I like Russell stuff. They have a good selection.

·
Curious George
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, I have a list of stuff above in the first post :) summit is awesome at aligning things for sure!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Looks like we’re at the same place in our builds with the same tank and motor.

It is okay to mix the adapters and unions, but you have to make sure the hose ends and hose are matched where you go PTFE to PTFE within the manufacturer’s compatibility specs (i.e. Summit PTFE to Summit PTFE) and you don’t mix and match. Otherwise you’ll have leaks and a fire hazard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts