Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been a fun Build journey, but the coupe as I've built it is not really working for me.
Levy 347, Edelbrock Pro Flo 4, T5, IRS, Detroit TruTrac w 3.55 gears, Wilwoods , A/C, Power steering, etc.
Driving on an Island is very limiting, This baby wants to GO! We have no track and our autocross site is less than ideal. The Mainland (Lower 48) with open roads and race tracks is the place she should be.
Anyone have recommendations on the place to sell for the most $? I'm thinking BAT but if anyone has ideas on alternatives let me know. Aloha, Karl

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
925 Posts
Dude.. what a shame... I am #646, awesome build..

·
Registered
601 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I wish you the best of luck in selling your coupe. Hopefully it will find a nice home.

Jim

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Biggest hurdle with BAT is they can’t drive a trailer to you. Now that’s tongue in cheek but the additional shipping cost may be a hurdle for some. I would see if there’s a fellow islander that may be interested in owning this awesome car.

John

·
Senior Charter Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Biggest hurdle with BAT is they can’t drive a trailer to you. Now that’s tongue in cheek but the additional shipping cost may be a hurdle for some. I would see if there’s a fellow islander that may be interested in owning this awesome car.

John
John, Yeah you're right but it would add about $1200 to get it to the west coast via Matson or Pasha, i don't think that would really deter someone that much. I don't think most of the buyers actually go pick a car up anyways. it would be best if someone here bought it but the market is pretty small. the alternative is I ship to CA and keep it at a friends till it sells but that's a lot to ask.

·
Premium Member
18,134 Posts
John, Yeah you're right but it would add about $1200 to get it to the west coast via Matson or Pasha, i don't think that would really deter someone that much. I don't think most of the buyers actually go pick a car up anyways. it would be best if someone here bought it but the market is pretty small. the alternative is I ship to CA and keep it at a friends till it sells but that's a lot to ask.
This might be your best bet for a quick sale. Also consider putting it on consignment somewhere.

Sales in CA seem to bring the most money.

People want to look at, listen, and feel the car before they drive. That's why cars go so cheaply on BAT.

People who are looking for a car like this really don't want to wait. Instant gratification is the goal. If they have to wait and arrange for shipping. They want it NOW!

Heck, if it's in CA, I might be interested in it. What do you think you'll ask for it?

And, finally, people don't want to have to convert their dollars in to Hawaiian money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts