Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the rare opportunity to see a classic and then I got take a few picutres as well. Really neat to see one of these still flying today.

Attachments

·
master craftsman
5,597 Posts
great pict!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have quite a few I have not resized. here are a couple more. I have some video of a takeoff if I can figure out how to load it.

Attachments

·
Acceleratti incredibilis
120 Posts
I remember seeing Fifi and a B17 at Republic Airport on Long Island back around 1985. There were a couple of guys there that had flown in the B17 during WWII and they were having a great time joking around with each other. They started betting money on whether or not one guy could hop into the front hatch without the ladder like he used to back during the war. He almost made it.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,017 Posts

2 of my favorite things....both are now outdated but still icons to me

·
Registered
37 Posts
cobraless, that looks like the F-4 at the Mighty Eighth musuem in Savannah. One of my all time favorite planes. I'm a little biased though, my dad used to fly them in the Marines.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,017 Posts
Dragnsnke
yep, Mighty Eighth. We lived just down the road prior to moving to NC.
And yes the F-4 is one of my favs also.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,355 Posts
Great shots guys. Here is mine.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,114 Posts
FiFi was here in Memphis at the Millington Airport last year. I saw a photo op. I got there early and found the man in charge. I told him that I would like the opportunity to park my FFR in front of FiFi for a pic. He said to wait a while. I waited and waited. Then after asking him again, after 5 hours, he said "It ain't gonna happen." Nice pic, I'm jealous....Pete

·
Junior Charter Member
2,087 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hey Snapperir,

There's a decommissioned Lockheed SR71 Blackbird on static display down the road from you at Eglin it think. It's been a few years since I saw it. Now that would be a cool shot with Cobra under the wing

·
Senior Charter Member
2,970 Posts
Here is mine...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts