Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My painter finished car and mounted body at his shop Friday before Christmas. This is the high pearl version of the 1995 special edition Merc Cougar Royal Blue Metallic Clearcoat. According to the PPG formula, they used 1 full qt. can of blue pearl and a gallon of clear. He e-mailed me 5 shots, taken out in the sun. I don't know how to post to forum, but if someone wants to see them, e-mail me and I'll forward them to you, or if someone knows how to post from an e-mail, let me know and I'll send them to that person.
Eddie

·
Registered
860 Posts
Feel free to email the pics to [email protected]

I can put them on my club photo site.

:cool:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Posting pics for Eddie...

VERY nice!!

:cool:

PS...if anyone wants to see the full size pics. Got to www.clubphoto.com and do a search for [email protected] then go into my FFR Concepts folder.

[ December 27, 2002, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: BatMobile ]

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for posting, Neill. To help anyone else, I have the very detailed paint formulas. They are too complex to post. I have US mailed xerox copies to a couple interested folks. I first went to DuPont who carried two versions of the KM paint. My wife has a special edition '95 Cougar with this paint. I always noticed that regular Cougars & TBirds of that year were blue metallic, but not near the same amount of pearl or shine as my wife's. Dupont confirmed that there were two versions of the KM series. One was Ford Royal Blue Metallic Clear and the other was Ford Royal Blue Metallic Pearl Clear. When I finally found my painter of choice, he was bound by a contract with PPG who had installed all his equipment. So, I worked with the local PPG auto paint supplier who researched with PPG and came up with this color. The printout he gave me is a dot-matrix and too faint to fax and too complicated to retype. For 37 cent stamp, I'm happy to xerox and mail both the Dupont and PPG formulas to anyone who wants them. E-mail me at [email protected].

As a paint-shop post-mortum, I made the mistake of not pre fitting the rollbar and windshield side-post benzels I got from Finishline. The painter and I just fitted the bare windshield and bare roll bar. I am now having some problems with both. Even as thin as the windshield pieces are, they throw off the windshield and leave a gap. If we had tested the benzels, we would have seen that the rear hole, which had been pre-cut by FFR, was bigger than the benzel and my painter could have easily filled in part of the hole. Can't do that now. Please learn from my mistakes. Happy New Year.
Eddie

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Eddie I remember reading a post on this topic on one of the other forums.In the post it was mentioned that Whitby's roll bar bezel was the widest but are designed not to use the rubber,but it covered the enlarged hole for the person that responded to the thread.A link to Whitbys can be found on the Venders page.If you have the same type of problem with the windsheild post bezels you could try Mike Everson at Mikes custom Cobra parts to see what his measure.Hope this helps.

Very nice paint.I'll bet the pic's dosent do it justice.I have pearl White and can never get the pearl to show up right in a photo.

[ December 28, 2002, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Smitty ]

·
Registered
449 Posts
Eddie,

Great looking car. The paint is "SWEET". What manufacture's wheels are those?

Tanner

·
Senior Charter Member
437 Posts
Are you saying that FFR cut the holes too big or because when the body was aligned after painting the bars are off center?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts