Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going racing again this weekend at Portland International Raceway. Double race with points both days. Wish me luck and hope the car stays together. Come out and hang with us if you like. It's free. You can either drive into the pit area between races through turn 8 gate or park at the base of the foot bridge and walk over. Tom Ryon will be attempting to run Tony's 818 also.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, group 4. Looks like 20 plus cars if everyone shows up. 6 in ITE and I may be the slowest in the class. A couple of LS powered RX7's, couple of BMW GTR's, and a Porsche Turbo. Oh well, hopefully I'll at least get some points. Tom is testing Tony's 818 again on Friday. If it stays together he will probably also join group 4. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Weekend went pretty well. Got 3rd in class on Saturday and 2nd on Sunday. Sundays race was really fun with close racing the entire 30 minutes. Car went back in the trailer almost as in came out. I got a little bump in the @$$ on Saturday. I missed a shift and got tagged by a really fast BMW GTR. Not bad but I've got a little work to do. I want to thank Nick and Diane, Butch and Lindi, Gregg, for cheering me one, and especially Dave Miller for being my pit crew and radio guy. Here is a video link taken from one of my competitors of the Sunday race. Interesting regarding the difference between cars. Horsepower and torque versus handling and brakes. https://youtu.be/ERQdU-kSSCE This is part 1. There is also part 2 & 3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts