Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Richard,

I'm trying to find 15" torque thrust type wheels for IRS car. I'm told your the man with all the answers. FFR says that I need 15x10 w/6 3/8 back space rear and 15x8 w/5 1/8 back space front. I've looked on the American racing site and can't find the torque thrust or any style in back spacing even close to that. I also plan to add the VPM rear sway bar, already have the front sway bar, so I'm thinking 295s may not work in the rear. Forte has 15" on his car in the shop but I think he uses 15x8 rear with 4 1/2 back space or something similar then 15x7.5 front with 4ish back space on the front.

I'd hate to go thru the hassel of narrowing the rear to get it all to fit. Is there much on the market that I can just order and mount? If I special order I'd sure want it to fit first time. The brake package I bought frome forte and all I remember about it was he says they will fit the 15" wheels.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike M.

·
Senior Charter Member
253 Posts
Mike

Richard took off for the Labor day weekend, won't be back to until Monday, tuesday. I believe he is call forwarding his phone calls.

Mike

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
Yep, he's at Perry Lake racing Hobie Catamarans. He won't mind you calling him if his phone is forwarded.

If you have an emergency, PM me; I can get ahold of him.

-Greg

·
Building
259 Posts
The "Torq-thrust D" only comes with 3-3/4" backspacing.
They do have a custom offset series of the
Torq-thrust but it has limited choices in the 15".

I have pin drive front lca's and plan on using the D series.

I like these wheels so much that I'm going to narrow my 8.8 rear so I can use them.

Brian

·
Premium Member
18,135 Posts
Check with Summit racing

ARE-405-586550: 15x8 5x4.5 bolt circle, 5 in backspace

ARE-405-516560: 15x10, 5x4.5 bolt circle, 6 in backspace

If they don't quite fit, you can always add a spacer. In the rear you can move the spindle out 1/4-1/2".

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ttt

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
If the car is standard track the wheels will likely not fit the back space is the wrong direction for a spacer. I have seen guys run the pin drive IRS with the Ds. HTH, Cheers Richard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts