Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you dissassemble the clip for the air meeter to snake it thru the bottom air cleaner cover. I cant see how the wires pull out of the clip. Thanx!

Rgds

Rob

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Rob...

From an old post I answered on the same subject:

First draw a diagram of the connector showing the face of the connector and what pins the three wires go to and their colors.

Second, carfully pry up the connector lock on the back of the connector (similar to other weatherpaks, but removable).

Third, remove the purple lock on the inside of the connector by carefully prying it out from the sides.

Once you have removed the two locks you can simply depress the pin locks with a micro-screwdriver or pick tool and slide the wires out.

If you can't find the right grommet (at the front of the air filter base) I have some left over from my Mr. Gasket grommet kit. Let me know if you need one. It made a nice tight seal with the wrapped split loom going through it.

HTH...
Mark

·
Registered
820 Posts
My Mass-Flo came with a much bigger grommet such that the hole the grommet required me to drill in the air cleaner base was big enough to get one end of the cable through. My problem was the thickness of my air cleaner's base was too thick for the grommet. I ended up cutting my grommet horizontally, giving me a top and a bottom. I then cut each piece so I could get the cable in without taking the wiring apart. I taped the bottom grommet half to the air cleaner and filled the void with silicone, put the top half of the grommet in place, and that's it. Maybe I could have done it better, but this was a good match for my meager skills.

Tom M

·
1,752 Posts
Here's another idea if you have the later version.
Rather than have all the extra harness outside the air cleaner, I cut the harness and ran it through the base of the air cleaner from the inside out and then soldered the wires back together and added some heat shrink tubing. Then I stuck 4 of those square zip tie holder thingies around the base of the air cleaner and tied down the harness. I made sure the area where they stuck was good and clean first.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did it today before having to attend a wedding... Where do we find the time! I cut, soldered, heat shrank also.. I will post some pics soon for others to see..

Rgds

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts