Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Forte's Pedal Box work in a MKIII?
I'm asking because I know that the MKIII has a different mounting location than the MKI and MKII.

Also, will the Forte's Pedal Box work with the newer model Mustangs Hydro-Booster Master Cylinder Assembly?

I'm really hoping it does, so that I don't have to go though doing all the pedal box mod's that are required for a 4.6 MKIII build!

·
15,282 Posts
Mirko -- What pedal box mods? I used mine out of the 2000GT donor. All you have to do is pop off one plate (a couple spot-welds), hacksaw one or two things that are in your way, and bolt it to the front wall of the chassis.

The hydroboost mod is easy, though it's not in (my copy of) the manual. You just remove the plate that Ford uses, and mount up the custom collar that FFR provides. You'll need the tool they provide, and a good breaker bar and vice.

Beyond very basic fitment, the donor pedalbox really shouldn't take you more than an hour or so to fit up.

Cheers, John

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

My Hydoboost tool has been on back order for a while now.

My manual didn't have any instructions regards the pedal either...what does the FFR supplied collar look like? Can you post a pic? I don't think I got one of those with my kit.

Oh and in regads to mod's I wasn't looking for to, I was also refering to all the pedal bending that's nessacary to the pedal's aligned comfortable in those tiny footboxes.

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John,

My Hydoboost tool has been on back order for a while now.

My manual didn't have any instructions regards the pedal either...what does the FFR supplied collar look like? Can you post a pic? I don't think I got one of those with my kit.

Oh and in regads to mod's I wasn't looking for to, I was also refering to all the pedal bending that's nessacary to the pedal's aligned comfortable in those tiny footboxes.

·
15,282 Posts
Mirko -- you have PM. Cheers, John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.