Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've picked up here that I should specify pin width if I order an IRS frame in order to use wider rear wheels. Is this a problem if I didn't want to actually use pin-drive and just use the normal hubs/rotors? If I get the standard T'bird or Cougar IRS, what mods would I have to make to it with a pin-width chassis? I read that I would need shorter half-shafts....are they in the kit or is it a mod to the donor pieces? What other obvious questions am I not asking or thinking about????

Thanks!

·
6,332 Posts
For the in depth explanation, do a search for "Pin Drive Width" in the archives. Tons of stuff with photos. The short answer though is you don't have to do anything, just say the words and FFR sends you what you need. You buy the wheels.
Frank

·
drmcat
596 Posts
Pin drive changes backspacing, allowing you to use deepr dish wheels. Max tire width and track is unaffected as far as I know. I went with the pin drive option front and rear to allow for a deeper dish on the wheels. Halfshafts of the correct length (pin or regular) are included with the kit, so standard donor IRS parts are fine. If you want the narrower pin drive front end as well, be sure to specify this as they are separate options.

mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.