Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation. I have Tristates competition dash w/4" cut outs. I ordered the Classic Industries gauges because I wanted all electrical gauges. Got the gauges and they are 3 3/8" not 4" speedo/tach. They are far too small for the cutouts. They fall right through. Please post pictures of the 3 3/8" gauges so I can decide if I want to make them work or send them back. If you have the 5" speedo/tach you can post as well, but I think I have decided that they just look too big for my taste. Thanks for the help,
Doug

·
Junior Charter Member
21 Posts
Here are my 5" Classics

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
I have the 5" ones too, but still in the box. I liked the size better than the small ones.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
I also have the 5 inch,and when the gauges first arrived, I thought I had made a mistake by going with the larger size. But once installed, I am happy with the way they look( and good for us who are over 50 to be able to see them :rolleyes: ).

Baron

·
Junior Charter Member
1,506 Posts
I ordered the small ones and they are due to arrive any day. I went back and fourth with what size but finally decided on the small ones. I hope I like them! I wish they made a 4" like autometer.

·
Junior Charter Member
132 Posts

·
6,559 Posts
Picture of SR71 after the sun hits his dash the first time.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
838 Posts
Its the best I have at the moment...

Tony

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,707 Posts
Stick w/ the 5 ich tach and speedo.To me that is what makes the dashes like snkbte's stand out. Mine has the smaller ones and will eventually be replaced by the big ones Yesterday i printed and filed snkbte's pic above for reference.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can one of you guys take a measurement across the 5" gauge for me? I want to mock up a piece of cardboard to see if I like it. I'd need the total width including the bezel. Thanks,
Doug

[ February 08, 2007, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: DFRESH ]

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Originally posted by DFRESH:
Can one of you guys take a measurement across the 5" gauge for me? I want to mock up a piece of cardboard to see if I like it. I'd need the total width including the bezel. Thanks,
Doug
I can do that tomorrow. (Car is at my shop).
Baron
sent you a pm

·
683 Posts
Doug:

I've just measured my Classic '5-inch' speedometer and the total diameter, including the chrome bezel is actually 4 7/8". Go figure! It looks like the openings for this and the tach will need to be 4-3/4" (which doesn't factor in the extra needed for the thickness of the dash vinyl, BTW)

HTH

P.S. I've emailed you a photo of this measurement as I can't upload photos to my web server from home - will post for all to see later today.

[ February 09, 2007, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: BritGuyUSA ]

·
683 Posts
Confirmation of the above info for future reference:

The '5-inch' Classic Guages aren't 5"; they're 4 3/4" (or 4-7/8" including the chrome bezel), so don't go cutting holes in your dash before you get them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts