Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Picture request: Door latch and cable

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  RichardS 
#1 ·
Need some help with pictures of how the door latch and cable connect inside the door. If anyone has their parts before or during installation, would be greatly appreciated!

My cable within the door has become undone due to a break in the little crimped end connector, would like to see a pic of one if possible before I uninstall the passenger side door one to compare.

#2 ·
Richard sorry I don't have pics but there should be a little lever with a hole in it that the cable attaches to.

Steve

#5 ·
Thanks for the pics! Do you have the side where the cable meets the door latch? That's the part that is broken.

#6 ·
d'oh! No, sorry, none of those. Borrow a compact from your wife and use the mirror to peek for yourself. Or you can take some blind pictures with the digital camera (as in, you can't really see what you're taking a picture of, you just check to see what was captured after-the-fact).

#10 ·
Single guy here, that's why there was no one to object to the car or lift in the garage! Beagle doesn't have a say in the matter, he rides in the front seat of the truck.

Tried with my camera but it was too dark and the flash couldn't aim correctly for a good pic. Have the dash all apart right now, will take the door apart afterwards -- gotta finish one project before starting the other!

#7 ·
ok who as those fancy door latches. Because I DON'T what is going on with my car. I used a wire from one end to the other. I have half race car half GT and I still don't know what I'm doing.

DAMN

#9 ·
I like my cable to tell you the truth. I just wish I did that be for I made the holes for the screw and bolt type handle. When I redo the body I will close those up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.