Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone post a pic of the Factory Five bump steer kit installed?

any additional feedback about it will be great as well.

anyone put in on and like it/notice the difference?

Thanks!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Will someone post a pic of the Factory Five bump steer kit installed?

any additional feedback about it will be great as well.

anyone put in on and like it/notice the difference?

Thanks!
Longacre Racing Online -- Tech Article "Bump Steer " this link may help. If you dont have a bump steer guage you can use a set of toe plates. Find a spot on the front frame in the center(by the x frame where the battery mounts) where you can raise and lower the car evenly then remove your shocks and sway bar so that the suspension can travel freely up and down. Set your camber and caster to specs and toe to zero at ride hieght. raise the front about 2in.of suspension travel and check your toe go back to ride height and go down about 1 1/2 in. of travel and check your toe, Idealy it should stay at zero but if goes more than 1/8 1n. from in to out then by installing a bump steer kit you can change the angle of your tie rod so that it travels evenly with your suspension maintaining a close to zero setting as it travels up and down.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
here is a pretty good picture, is this the kit?
No.

That's that is what Mike and I are running with the donor magnasteerII racks and that pic is of Mike's suspension. If you want I can give you the details on it.

The kit FFR sells is what I referenced prior. There is a link to a thread and Spytech's build site with pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts