Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tank was made by Rock Valley Antique Auto and seems to fit pretty well. Since I'm going to put a BB into the car, I had them size it to use the extra space left by a stock tank bringing it to about 30 gallons capacity. This should allow me to have roughly the same range as the SB cars.

Share your thoughts.
Thanks,
Todd

·
Junior Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perri - I'm not sure if it is too low or not. I don't think so but this thought is only based on pics of other people's install of the Fuel Safe fuel cell. Mine appears to sit just a little higher in relation to the bottom of the frame work around the tank so I think it will end up ok when the body is on.

Alex - I'll wait until I'm driving to decide about installing a shield. At this point, I was mostly concerned about the sump area when going over speed bumps, etc.

Nbww - Again, I tried to copy the positioning of the fill point with the Fuel Safe cell. I got measurements from FF and stayed fairly close to those so I'm guessing the tank should fill fine as long as I run the vent up near the filler cap just under the body.

·
"The" FFR Master
3,172 Posts
Wow how much gas will that hold??? Looks great though.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Todd, looks like stainless?
I've got my fill tube in about the same place.
Mine calculates out to 29 gal. but havn't got more than 24 in it. Vents in the top

[ October 12, 2007, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: convincor ]

·
Junior Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Michael D - Yes, those are the pickups for the fuel pump.

Joe C. - 29-30 gals.

sr71 - thanks!

Convincor - yep, it is stainless and the vent is in the top right corner. I like the shape of yours better than mine; you shouldn't have problems with speed bumps.

Thanks guys!
Todd

·
Banned
249 Posts
very nice

·
Junior Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Snakes Skin - I will be using the normal FFR placement for the battery in the trunk.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts